TBD

TBD on Ning

I was late to work today because there was a horrific accident involving a 16 wheeler truck which jackknifed out of place on the Hutchinson Parkway so I had to sit in standstill traffic for a long while. As is always the case when I have time on my hands, ,my mind started to wander.....

I thought of people's voices, their tenor and nuances. Even though I have never spoken to anyone here  on the phone personally, I hear/experience a voice in my mind while reading yours and other people's posts. Each "mind voice" has a distinctive quality. My own thinking voice is a bit different than my phone voice-- more dreamlike of course and lower in pitch, but still similar in nuance to my real voice.

A couple of years ago, when I was teaching the literary element: Voice (in literature), a student suddenly had an epiphany and asked me and her classmates if they could hear their own voices in there head while they were thinking. Her question made such an impression on me that I thought about it throughout the day.

So, do you folks hear your voice or other people's voices in your head when you are thinking?

Tags: mind, voice

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

It's only me.
Only the self dialogue....Ronald Wilkinson

and what does the self dialogue sound like...tone of voice?
heheheheh Ronald.....what kind of self dialogue do you have when you get pissed in certain discussion boards???? lol
. I thought "I wonder how long my cat and I will live here?" Somehow..I heard an answer from somewhere.. saying "It will be four years and it will be in a fire" - said just like that. It was the weirdest thing. But also, this would be 2012.. eek. I haven't been dwelling on it.. but I'm not saying I have forgotten it.

Soul2u, that is creepy...be careful. One's hunches tend to be correct for the most part.
hey Maricel,
this could be fun ~
Get yourself a cheap recorder.
Following a list of Your class members
Record them one at a time saying the same thing ~
perhaps: "good morning class".

When done, play it back one at a time
and see if Your students can
recognize who each voice is.

You might be surprised by the results.

When I hear my own voice on a recording
I never think: "that sounds like me".
I should do that Michael...hehehheheh
Hi Maricel this is true. I imagine how each person sounds when I read their post...and MT-Pam's voice sounded just like I imagined her to sound in real life. I spoke to her on the phone and sure enough I was correct. Pams is a strong voice with a slight accent.

LFF I would have never imagined her voice to sound as it does. She has a very young girl's sweet talking voice.

Maricel your voice has a little faint phillipino accent and not too shrill in the middle more on the deep side but not too deep.

Harleys is just a regular man voice. Okay..lol I could go on forever.
Maricel your voice has a little faint phillipino accent and not too shrill in the middle more on the deep side but not too deep.

Wow, Krisit, you are good!!!! I grew up here, but because my parents cultural influence is strong, I do have a faint accent even though I never learned how to speak Filipino (Tagalog or Bicol).

Krisit, I imagine your voice leaning towards the deep side rather than the high pitched side and that you laugh with with gusto. lol
Krisit, I imagine your voice leaning towards the deep side rather than the high pitched side and that you laugh with with gusto. lol

Maricel, my voice is more on the deeper side but my laugh is not with a gusto...but that is very good.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service