TBD

TBD on Ning

Got this idea for a discussion from PTB; thanks! 

Do you subscribe to any magazines and care to share which ones? Here are mine:

Galaxy's Edge (hardcopy)

Lightspeed (digital)

Lady Churchills' Rosebud Wristlet (hardcopy)

Asimov's Science Fiction (hardcopy)

Analog Science Fiction (hardcopy)

Fantasy and Science Fiction (hardcopy)

As you prob. guessed, I prefer hardcopy but Lightspeed is only avail. in digital; I'm surprised the others are even still avail. in hardcopy, I expect they won't be much longer, sigh.

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

This is a good subject.  I no longer take magazines due to having poor eyesight.  I do read some on my reader occasionally.  

I used to get a lot of them, then I got a computer and never opened them after that.

I used to have a subscription to Science News. I dropped it when I found i was getting behind reading it. I figured I could just keep up with current topics on the internet, but largely I don't. I check one out occasionally from the library. I really don't have any other regular subscriptions, other than my daily newspaper.

AARP, Eating Well, Smithsonian, but haven't renewed that...got too expensive. If I wait a few months, they'll make me a deal. A friend gives me back issues of The Week and Vanity Fair.

Not anymore. I used to like Cosmo and BH & G. Now the only one I get is Allrecipes. I get my news online or my newspaper, the Epoch Times.

I don't subscribe to magazines anymore. I do read some of them online and if I really need a hard copy, I can get one from the library.

Right now I only subscribe to Reader Digest on the Nook.

I'm a lifetime subscriber to Consumer Reports and I get Kiplinger's Personal Finance. I'm a lifetime member of an investment club called American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) and get daily emails from them. 

Magazines take up space, I usually never take time to read them and most are filled with ads now, which I find annoying. I haven't had paid subscriptions in decades but was getting magazines annually for free as a timeshare exchange club member perk. They were Essence, Interval Travel, Architectural Digest and Ebony. For some unknown reason, I keep getting Healthwise magazine from Hackensack Meridian, an organization I've never dealt with, nor have I been to Hackensack Hospital (N.J.). 

I didn't think to list my daily BookBub newsletter, but it does give me nearly every ebook title I ever read, including those I check out on Hoopla and other library loan programs. officerripley, since we have a lot of overlap in sci fi/fantasy interests, I want to suggest, if you haven't found it already, the Long List Anthology series (6 volumes of Hugo nominated short stories). My best find from BookBub.

Thanks, PTB; I will definitely check that out! (I do also subscribe to BookBub but somehow missed the info on Long List Anthol.)

Readers Digest and AARP

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service