TBD

TBD on Ning

Someone asked this question the other day and it produced a lively discussion.

Is it sacrilegious to pray while using the restroom? How do you feel about it?

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Gee, I don't know. I feel like it's ok to pray anytime and I wonder if the one we would pray to would find that offensive.

I agree with you Lilrain, that it is okay to pray anywhere, anytime.  

I kinda agree with everyone. It you feel like praying I don't think that the location is very important. 

Pray wherever and whenever you like!

I had a favorite minister tell me that very thing: pray whenever ...and wherever.

I think I agree with everyone.

I don't know. Are you praying that your laxative works...certainly appropriate. The whole question seems like a tempest in a chamber pot to me.

Good question.  I was taught growing up that God is everywhere, so I don't see a problem.   I have friends that pray and lot and say I'll keep you in my prayers"  Something we grew up with.  What's driving me nuts is stuff on social media.  Something happens, say an accident or something and instead of saying I'll keep them in my prayers the latest is "sending prayers"  I know I'm cynical but where do you think they are sending them?  Just me being me, but as far as sacreligious, I think that's a stretch from what I remember.  

I'm not sure, but I also know I don't pray in the bathroom. It's a privacy thing with me. I know it shouldn't matter, but when I'm in the bathroom I don't want anyone in there with me. 

Not only are Muslims not allowed to pray while in the restroom, we cannot give each other the greetings (As Salaam Alaikum) while in the bathroom. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service