TBD

TBD on Ning

An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.
The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.
The lawsuit on behalf of Taco Bell customer and California resident Amanda Obney does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.
"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.
Irvine, Calif.-based Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch (PAYCH) said the company denies that its advertising is misleading.
"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."
The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.

Tags: beef, cows, oats

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

I'm gonna have a nightmare...thanks Aggie.
I believe those are French cows.  Chez sent me that one awhile back.  I do not think French cows can swim.

I have serious concerns....about becoming a vegan.

Thanks Aggie.

Baxter Black is very convincing.  He has a way with words.

That last one was back in his younger days on Johnny Carson.

Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.

I prefer my dose of anti-dusting agent untainted by any beef.

H-m-m-m-m.....I wonder what in the heck is in the "pork-like" T-Bell products?

Can't be worse than scrapple.

Is scrapple the northern equivalent of souse meat in the South? If so you are right.
Locally called "everything but the oink" or made with "everything but the squeal", scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved and (dry) cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour, is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others, are added. The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set.
It’s then sliced and pan fried in an inch of lard. It’s traditionally served with eggs at breakfast.
It’s disgusting, but people LOVE it. Blek…
[I may never complain about grits again.]

Before frying:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service