TBD

TBD on Ning

When the whiners get their way & we don't have Healthcare, they lose their Medicare, who's gonna care??

Whine,Whine, Hate, Hate

I won't care!!

I can't wait. Misery loves company, I think I'll bake some cookies, or maybe some special brownies for all the company!! Naw, I'll be as selfish as they are now...all those patriotic Americans who think they're special and so safe.
There's plenty of room. Just adjust. You'll be fine. When the insurance co have ripped off the whiners long enough, deinied enough for you to lose your insurance or cause a loved one to die, just adjust. When your quality of life sucks, it's ok. Just remember your own words and I'm sure those will console you.
When you lose your medicare because nothing was done to reform healthcare and medicare goes broke, don't worry. It's ok. You'll be considered undeserving just like people like me, so it's ok.
Oh, and don't expect sympathy from your buddies who will be able to afford to get care, cuz they won't care. They'll just throw your own words right back at you.

Tags: healthcare, medicare, politics

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The same factions that silenced Hillary Clinton in 1992 when she brought health care inadequacies to the forefront are doing battle again..the health care industry, insurance industry, big business, and the fear mongers. The richest nation on earth and we can't provide health care to those who need it? So I guess we ignore the poor and the disenfranchised out of existence.
I don't even earn enough money to pay my basic bills. I was without health insurace before I got my current job and will be again if I lose this job. I'm against this health care reform idea because I feel it will ruin health care for EVERYONE in the long run. Please don't assume that everyone who is against this idea is wealthy and out of touch with the common man. I happen to not trust the government to deliver what it is promising.
I bought private insurance once, for a brief period of time, and I was denied coverage for my psoriatic arthritis. Do I think the government plan would cover me for it? Nope. I don't believe them when they say that everyone will be covered for everything. I think they are lying. Beyond that, do I support this public health plan because I "might" benefit personally? Nope. I think it sounds like a bad idea overall and in the long run - so I'm still against it. (If I lose my job that I just started on June 1, I will be without health insurance, by the way, as I was before I got this job. My personal situation has nothing to do with my feeling about this topic. I'm looking at the big picture and it sounds like bad news for EVERYONE in my book. I could be wrong.)
Darwin got bored being dead, so came back as a consultant to someone or other who has clout.
I thank all you good people in advance. I'm 56 years old I've drank, smoked, and ingested countless drugs to excess, for most of my life. I now have Hep C which is destroying my liver. The treatment will cost thousands of dollars, which I can ill afford, and can't charge it because I have ruined my credit, once again by my own hand. Its likely, if I live long enough, that I will need a transplant, which wont cure it, and will cost hundreds of thousands and may extend my life for only a few short years. Anyway I am hoping that this plan passes and all you nice people will help pay for my poor choices in life.
See...this is one of the "unspoken" consequences I predict. If this passes, eventually the government will deny coverage for conditions brought on by "poor lifestyle choices". The folks who are for this so-called "health care reform" (I call it "health insurance reform") truly believe that the government will force doctors to treat every ailment. I believe it to be just the opposite. I believe the government will deny coverage and treatment for more ailments than we can imagine at this point - they love passing laws against stuff like trans-fat and sugary snacks in schools, so why would they then treat diseases that are brought on by "poor lifestyle choices?" They keep saying they intend to bring costs down - what better way than to cut off someone's insulin prescription because they wouldn't haven't diabetes in the first place if they hadn't bellied up to the dessert bar in the first place?
Very wise advice moosie! I would also add turn off the talk radio. There is still some very good music on the radio if you look for it.
Personally, I like to listen to and read about both sides of the issue. There are good points being made by all sides. Limiting myself to only hearing the side of the story that the majority deems acceptable is not an option for me.
Another plus to this is that it will allow me, and no doubt countless others to retire early. I can draw my pension now, instead of waiting until Medicare kicks in at 63. The high cost of health insurance has been the only reason that I continue to work after 55. Now I can hook up the travel trailer and spend summers in the mountains and winters on the beach. WooooHooo let's get this thing passed!
And who is going to pay for all this?
I guess the right will see this as a horrible example of socialized medicine or as proof that we don't need to reform health care because charities take care of those without insurance. I am real sure they will spin it to something it is not.
I so empathize Orianb - it's happened to me too. It may take a little while - but eventually the tiny x in the upper right hand corner of your post will show up and you can delete.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service