TBD

TBD on Ning

Alarm Clocks?

Pay Phones?

Wrist Watches?

Tags: Back in my day..., Thing of the past, What's becoming obsolete?

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Oy....

Slide rules. Dead baby jokes.

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

Very nice....I've been on a Sam Cooke kick lately.  Thanks, Q!  ;]

(now I'm singing along)

Sam Cooke is one of my favs SY.

I think I was born in the wrong decade...Thank goodness for my Dad's love of all kinds of music!

I have a wide range of music tastes, I guess.  Back in my rebellious youth ( not to be confused with my rebellious senior years) the only common ground my father and I seemed to have was music....country music.  It held us in good stead the rest of his life.

I like old country music...these new country singers are just pop star wannabe's. Give me Patsy Kline or Tammy Wynette or Hank any time.

My Dad was a big fan of the "crooners"--Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Sam Cooke... He also liked the Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel, CSN&Y and was a huge Opera fan. I never developed a taste for opera, but everything else has always been fair game for me.

Yep, good ol' twangy, singin' through the nose country country...I love it.  I also like old timey, bluegrass, cajun, blues, classic rock, Motown, r & b, and of course 'most anything the Stones ever did (disco excepted).  I'm a fan of close harmony.....some of those family country groups or duets were really, really good at it.
Are bias-ply tires still made??
Maybe for certain racing venues.

Probably in New York.

Apparently everything I thought was osbsolete or on the verge of being so, is alive and well in NYC. Wanna meet me there? We can check it out...

Define "here"

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service