TBD

TBD on Ning

What are some strange tips/advice given to you by friends?

I was talking to my co-worker about how pissed my dad is about the rabbits and other critters invading his garden which he toiled over daily. She suggested that he pee in a flowerpot and sprinkle it around the perimeter of the garden to keep the critters away. She said it worked for her.

My mom told me when I was little that the antidote to neutralize a jellyfish sting is for someone to pee on the sting. I remember being stung by a jellyfish at the beach when I was around 8. I grabbed by little brother and told him to pee on the sting which he did with glee. It worked. lol

My co-worker says the best antidote is to sprinkle meat tenderizer on the sting. (muttering to myself...what crazy person carries meat tenderizer around at the beach???)

Tags: strange tips

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A very mean advice from a parent.

How do you wean a baby off breast milk?  .... Put cayenne pepper on your nipples. (No, I didn't heed that advice.)

yes bleach on  poison ivy rash VERY painful. Don't do it.

If you dip a girl's pigtails in the inkwell on your desk she will know you like her.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet
A hug is the present worth of all the anticipated future hugs to be derived.
There's a saying I really like that I'm thinking must have originated down there in The Republic of Texas, and thats "big hat, no cattle".  I first heard up here on The Leelanau, describing a two-bit developer who blew into town, built a couple of small, instant ghetto, tacky houses, called 'em "affordable housing", and I guess moved on....I haven't seen him around in some time.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

from a blog...

http://www.examiner.com/home-living-in-jackson/strange-household-tips
  • To keep shoe and sneaker laces white, wash them in sour milk.
  • Do you have a favorite bouquet of silk flowers? These too will form a buildup of dust after a period of time. To clean the silk petals without ruining the flowers place ¼ cup of Morton salt into a paper lunch or grocery bag. Place the flowers inside the bag. Fold the top down and shake the bag up and down quickly for one minute. When the bag is opened shake the salt from the flower tops and remove them from the bag. The grime and dust collected on them will remain in the granules of salt at the bottom of the paper sack.
  • In order to remove burned-on-starch from your iron, sprinkle salt on a sheet of waxed paper. Then slide the iron back and forth several times. Afterwards when the iron cools a bit use silver polish to polish away the remaining roughness and stains from the iron.
  • Linen lampshades have a tendency to attract dust from static electricity. To prevent dust from sticking to the shades make the outer surface antistatic by rubbing a Bounce fabric softener sheet over the shade. Without the static electricity bond the dust will not stick to the cloth of the lampshades.
  • To toughen and make the bristles last longer on a new broom; dip the bristles in hot salty water before using the broom.

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. Don’t worry about what people think, they don’t do it very often.
3. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service