TBD

TBD on Ning

The Secret is a (new age ) book written by Rhonda Byrne which states that (based on the law of attraction(???), whatever you want in this universe will come to you. Your supposed to ask really hard and meditate on it. Do yo'all buy into this?

Personally, no. I think the book is a fast buck and an ez shot to get on Oprah? For those of you who follow these things, wouldnt that sort of negate the law of karma?

Besides (sounding bitter, and adding some gin to that soda) it never happens to me. If it's worked for you, for godsakes, can you tell me what The Secret actually is?

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have everything I want or need. If I was attracted to it, I got it. Maybe it is true or maybe I just worked to get it. I didn't get everything I wanted overnight, and my wants are pretty simple.
I think The Secret is Neurolinguistics at play.
I've always perceived NLP as para-psychology.

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a controversial approach to psychotherapy and organizational change based on "a model of interpersonal communication chiefly concerned with the relationship between successful patterns of behaviour and the subjective experiences (esp. patterns of thought) underlying them" and "a system of alternative therapy based on this which seeks to educate people in self-awareness and effective communication, and to change their patterns of mental and emotional behaviour"
Wikipedia
The doctor say that I have to be able to tolerate a great deal more pain. Maybe I should look into this. Or hypnosis.
Watching more Oprah will definitely increase your pain tolerance.
It's a load of crap.

Or do we all think that nobody in history has wished really, really hard for World Peace or for their bratty little brother to be carried away by Martians or for their cat to win the lottery ? Because as far as I know, none of those things have ever come true.
Thank you.
I had a friend that turned everything she touched into gold. She didnt believe in anything. Infact, she was gay (Bible thing).
I don't believe anything, unless I can stand on it, and then I believe it should be subject to rigorous testing to determine precisely how long and under what conditions will it hold up.

Personally? I suspect the road block to your path forward may be right there in your hand, but that's just a guess.
You a smart pup. Mother Sanity.
The idea behind the book is nowhere near original. Dr. David Schwartz, Norman Vincent Peale, Robert Schuller, Napolean Hill and hundreds of others wrote similarly.
Dr. Denis Waitley kept is simple: "Your life moves in the direction of your most dominant thought".
There is no "secret". Luck just seems to favor the busy. The right place at the right time has never been at home on my couch.
Henry Ford said "The reason most people don't recognize opportunity is that its usually disguised in a pair of overalls"
Benjamin Franklin said "Hunger stares into the working man's window but dares not enter"
The "secret" I believe is just keep on working. Most people quit looking for work as soon as they find a job.
Keep a good attitude. This will help. Also keep in mind that a good attitude won't make Shaquille O'Neille a great horse racing jockey. But a good attitude will help him to be a better jockey than a bad attitude will. We do have to choose what to work on.
Also, goals help. I can train anyone in three minutes how to score better than Tiger Woods, VJ Singh or any other golf pro currently playing. As long as we blindfold those golfers and spin them in a few circles.
How can we hit targets we can't see? Define the targets and then get busy. This is not a secret.
Wayne Gretsky said "You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Jim Rohn said "The book you don't read, won't help", so sure, go ahead and read "The secret" and glean from it what you can.
Stephen Covey wrote "Those who don't read will do as good in life as those that can't read"
Aristotle said "We are what we repeatedly do, therefore greatness is not an act, but a habit"
Zig Ziglar suggested to stop trying to acheive success because the human being might do anything, which include evil things to obtain this "success". He suggested to strive only for significance, as success is an inevitable by-product of achieving significance.
I've read a few of these books. I haven't read all the books in my library but I feel smarter just walking into it.
Good fortune to all.
God is watching you. Thank you for your profound words of wisdom. Its an honor to read them. Thankyou. JackieRodzinski
Oh, I know it works. I am proof in my own small way. I do picture what I want and then I get it. I do believe in this: ASK / BELIEVE / RECEIVE.

It absolutely works. You just need to see the truth behind yourself for what you want. You might need or find yourself breaking it down into little pieces:

example: I want to be rich! A zillion dollars, a trillion dollars...
Then you ask yourself what it will get you, so you picture those things: A Mansion! A Corvette! A movie star spouse!
Then you practice believing: I wanna be rich with money (be specific) because I want (picture what Rich will give you) and then it works.... Yes, in its own way, it will work.

CAVEAT: If you wanna be rich because you simply think it means happiness, guess again! You need to be specific when you really want something. And understand your own reason.

Ask for it; believe in it or visualize it; and get it. You do get it, one way or the other, so be very clear.

That's my story and I believe it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service