TBD

TBD on Ning

I have roamed all the way back to page 6 of the discussions. All Right!!! I admit that I kept getting distracted by all the goings on, both witty and serious, while I was gone. It took me a while to catch up. But I couldn't find my favorite discussion. "Random Thoughts". Finely on a random chance, I looked in the Games Dept. There it is. I don't understand. Who thought "Random Thoughts" should be in the games group? It's not fair. When I play games I have to concentrate. How can my ADD brain concentrate on a game, knowing that Random Thoughts is within a key stroke. I think all us random thinkers should rebel. If we can stay on subject long enough. Actually, I guess organized random thinking is an oxymoron.

Where do you think Random Thoughts should be?

Tags: confused, dazed, lunacy, sex, thoughts

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks like Armillaria mellea, the honey fungus, or bootlace fungus, because it has black stringy mycelium under the bark of its host. It always grows on wood, in clumps like that. This one is too old, but when it is young and fresh, and the caps are no more open than this, it is edible. Take one to be verified if you're interested in that.

Too old: it stays around fairly long time and may become moldy, thus toxic, like any overage mushroom.

Tres cool Chez....
I have always loved mushrooms...in any way on my plate. Fried Puffballs are a fav as are morels.....name it, fix it...I want some. Unless it will kill my liver and make me sick that is a baaaad idea...Don't know it?....Don't eat it..
Fresh puffballs are great - do you get the giant ones?

Is there anything better than chicken-fried morel mushrooms, with a sour cream gravy on the side? There may well not be...
I could think of a LOT of things....
Quinn & Bob - have you ever HAD morels?

I didn't care one way or another about mushrooms (in my TRES limited knowledge & experience) until I moved to SE Michigan. There was all this hoopla about morels. I basically rolled my eyes [ @@ ] & thought, "what's the big deal?"

. . .

. . . until I had them.

Oh, my gosh! WHAT a delicacy. My mouth's watering now, literally.

Oh, that sounds good. There are so many loverly ones...so many ways to prepare them.

This is one of my favorites - my friend Laurence grows them to sell on the markets.

Pleurotus eryngii - the king oyster mushroom. The texture is firmer and the flavor is richer than the regular oyster mushrooms
I knew of a place a few miles from here that you could find oyster mushrooms growing to the size of dinner plates. Some even stayed delicious and delectable after attaining that kind of size.

Quinn is prejudiced against anything but chicken being chicken-fried. She jus' don'know whut she's missin'.
I ate about five huge creampuffs when I was a kid.
I have not had another creampuff to this day.
I remember turning green around the gills.

Amanita muscaria, better known as the Soma mushroom....
hahaha... okay, got it.

Well, here's the way I was taught to cook morels... VERY simply:

Melt a little butter in a pan & sautee them w/just a little garlic salt.
That's it.
And they're exquisite!
I do like mushrooms.....never had morels....probably will be introduced to them by the Yankee Girl at some point.....:-D

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service