TBD

TBD on Ning

Headline: Romney Visits Iowa ‘Farmer’ Who Is Also A Millionaire Real Estate Mogul With A Spaceship House And Personal Car Wash

I thought this (click) was an interesting article.  Romney did visit LeMar Koethe's farm and discuss the drought, but other media sources (click) covered the same story without emphasizing the wealth of this particular farmer and stressed Romney's concern for the farmers' plight.  Koethe owns 54 farms and collected over a $130,000 in government subsidies last year.

Representative  John Shimkis visited a small 1400 acre farm (click) belonging to Jeff Weber who says everything he makes has to go to just putting food on the table.  He is drawing from his savings and his children's college funds just to make ends meet.

The sound on the video in the Shimkis article is bad, you won't hear any of it, but take a good look at the corn in the field surrounding them. It is dry and damaged.  Now go back and take a look at the small picture taken in Koethe's cornfield.

People have been saying that Romney is too detached from the little people...that he is blind to the plight of the middle and lower class.

Do you think moves like visiting a farmer who is also a millionaire is evidence of this, or do you think it shouldn't reflect badly on his campaign?  As Koethe said:

Ultimately, when it comes to voicing his concerns, it shouldn’t matter if the man owns one farm, 10 farms, or 54 farms — he’s taking a hit like everyone else.

Is this an accurate statement?

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/08/10/667431/romney-visits-io...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120808/NEWS09/120808001/...|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/shimkus-visits-drought-stricken-f...

Tags: One_percent, Romney, drought, farmers, politics

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea some politics.

Don’t worry about Romney as he won’t get elected anyway.

Who is going to vote for a Mormon?

Also who is going to vote for Obama?

I think we need the third party.

Obama could take all of the rich peoples money.

This should last about five days......................

Then what?

Tax the babies?

I know a lot of people who will vote for Obama...me included.

I'm sure he wants to help the drought victims, but ever since I heard he took 300 blacks to Texas with him to spike the audience at the NAACP, I've had the feeling that he doesn't really think he can win without trickery.  Come to think of it, that isn't new when it comes to politics.

Ultimately, when it comes to voicing his concerns, it shouldn’t matter if the man owns one farm, 10 farms, or 54 farms — he’s taking a hit like everyone else.

Is this an accurate statement?

Accurate? All I know is that a guy that has 54 farms can take a hell of a lot bigger hit than the guy that only has one.  It also shows who has Romney's ear, and it sure ain't the little guy.

Get ready folks. I'm tellin' you if romney-ryan winds up in the White House what's left of the middle class is going down the crapper. We, the People will have lost every voice we ever had in running this country. Corporations....all big corporations,  from farms to manufacturing will run this country thru super pacs and downright thievery. Those of us who live from day to day and struggle at times to survive will finally step across that line with both feet  and become slaves to the rich. It ain't all that far from that now, but a conservative in the White House will finish it off. They're not really trying to hide it any more either.....it's their plan.

Everyone had a job when Ronald Reagan ran this country.

No, Romney is no Reagan.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service