TBD

TBD on Ning

Did someone ask what I planned for an encore now that I've been TOSSED from We The [right wing-nut] People?

Well. First I went to GreenPeace.org - It seems they have documentation indicating the Oil Industry is planing a bit of astro-turfing of their own. I've been trying to strategize ways they can take over the local networks and spin off the right wing Ticking Timebombs and get them to detonate - basically hi-jacking the whole program to the left.

It doesn't really look like they are buying though. Too bad.

Then I headed over to the NRA and grabbed their email:

nraprogrammaterials@nrahq.org

and I sent the following little note, documenting my objections to the protest in Arizona the other day. You heard about that, right? Where the right wingers were hanging outside the hall where Obama was speaking, armed to the teeth?

Ya. Well. Here's the note I sent the NRA:

I am writing out of concern over the appearance of weapons at a protest rally in Arizona. I find that very disturbing. Firearms have no place at the picket line. That's my opinion.

I'll stand by that opinion.

I own a weapon or two myself. So here's a plan. Why don't you network with some more of your members, and get a rally going here in Vermont - say outside one of Bernie Sanders events or something. You can get your friends to bring their arms and stand on one side.

I'll be standing with mine on the other.

AND THE FIRST MOTHER FUCKER I HEAR SAY KILL THAT NIGGER OBAMA AND HIS KIDS WILL MOST CERTAINLY GET ME FOAMING AT THE MOUTH.

THAT WILL BE THE SIGNAL - ME FOAMING.

MY FRIENDS AROUND THE CORNER WILL LIGHT OFF SOME M-80S

WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS WE'LL SEE WHOSE LEFT STANDING

Most sincerely and respectfully yours . . .

D. Winter
http://zendogblog.net

You could send that note to the NRA too if you want. Maybe set up a google account or something, copy the note, and indicate you're a friend with M-80s

hee-hee!

Crazy isn't it? Just plain Cr4zY!

Tags: american, dissent, nra

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm kinda hoping my little note combines with other pressures to induce them to make a public statement and work within the ranks of their membership to curtail people affiliated with their organization at the least, from showing up at protests with guns.

That's just dumb.
In the above mentioned discussion with guns my money is on you Zen
It is just a different kind of traffic pattern, isn't it? And after all, I've been playing in traffic, off and on, for years . . .

he-he!

LETS PLAY CHICKEN!

he-he!

o wait. Ya know? That really isn't funny, is it . . .
Bernie was one of a small handful in Congress who demanded answers on Gulf War Syndrome.

He wanted to break up those companies that were too big to fail in the banking industry.

Now he's pushing for single payer.

I vote for him every chance I get.
I knew if I asked you Zen, what you would do for an encore, you would come up with something. Thanks for the inspiration! :->

Now, off to spread anarchy and mischief! :->
Hey, you are most certainly welcome. Any time I say . . .
I love Bernie too. I wish he ran for national office so we could all vote for him. I'd like to see him head up a viable Green Party that will give the Dems a real run for their money.
Silly Zen. Don't you know the NRA is never wrong? It's their goddamn right to walk around with assault rifles threatening pro-reform supporters.

I am sure the NRA supports these wingnuts who are anti-reform.
!!!FREE GUNS, BOOZE, CHANGE AND REFORM FOR ALL!!!
Urbangal said: I am sure the NRA supports these wingnuts who are anti-reform.

On one level you are, I am sure, absolutely correct. I would bet most of the leadership and a vast majority of the membership of the NRA are staunch republicans.

At the same time, the NRA has a large number of law enforcement officers among it's membership, you know, they guys charged with the repsonsibility of maintaining the peace at protests?

I think that in itself makes it problematic for the NRA as an organization to advocate that kind of thing, because if one group can bring their guns to the protest, next it will be the skin heads, the kkk, marching in protest while heavily armed.

It's a form of intimidation, one I'm sure that given time and reason, our society won't tolerate.

Finally, the possibility is in fact very real, if showing up at protests bearing arms becomes the new fad, of someone instigating a violent shoot out. I put the probability of it happening at 100% if guns are accepted as a matter of course at protests of any kind around the country. That would bode well for the issue of guns rights, wouldn't it?

It's in the NRA's own self interest to take a position on the issue. A very firm one.

I hope with my letter I was able to phrase the argument in a way they can clearly understand. Then again, maybe not. They might not be able to think that far ahead.
The real question is: What is the source of their paranoia? Is it just the possibility of their right to guns being regulated or resticted?

Or is it something much deeper, much more fundamental to our entire method of politics and it's theater that has produced this fear - and is it a fear that transects several constitutional issues at once - yet remains difficult to quantify?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service