TBD

TBD on Ning

Recently read a really different book MY LOVELY WIFE.  If you enjoy stories about serial murders you’ll be startled at this story. Can’t remember the author but please Goggle it. 

Today picked up a right off the press book  THE WIVES  by Tarryn Fisher. The cover reads “How far would you go to find the truth about your husband. You’ll have whiplash until the very end.  THE WIVES will leave the most sure-footed reader uneasy until the last word is read.”

Views: 1136

Replies to This Discussion

I'm an admirer of Churchill, just finished The Splendid and The Vile by Erik Larson a couple of weeks ago.

In The Splendid and the Vile, Erik Larson shows, in cinematic detail, how Churchill taught the British people “the art of being fearless.” It is a story of political brinkmanship, but it’s also an intimate domestic drama, set against the backdrop of Churchill’s prime-ministerial country home, Chequers; his wartime retreat, Ditchley, where he and his entourage go when the moon is brightest and the bombing threat is highest; and of course 10 Downing Street in London. Drawing on diaries, original archival documents, and once-secret intelligence reports—some released only recently—Larson provides a new lens on London’s darkest year through the day-to-day experience of Churchill and his family: his wife, Clementine; their youngest daughter, Mary, who chafes against her parents’ wartime protectiveness; their son, Randolph, and his beautiful, unhappy wife, Pamela; Pamela’s illicit lover, a dashing American emissary; and the advisers in Churchill’s “Secret Circle,” to whom he turns in the hardest moments.

The Splendid and the Vile takes readers out of today’s political dysfunction and back to a time of true leadership, when, in the face of unrelenting horror, Churchill’s eloquence, courage, and perseverance bound a country, and a family, together.

The Book of Two Ways is very engrossing!  I am almost done with it. Could swear that I have read something by Jodi Picoult before...but GEEZE if I have then would have put her on my HOT list!

Checked out the Last Trial by Scott Turow.  See how that goes.

Well, over past 7 years have complained about my Mother in Law living with us.  We moved her to a nursing home in June 2020.  Challenging with Covid ...limited visitation, etc.  Tuesday morning she passed away.  From photos it looked like she had a stroke.  99 years +6 months of life.

Jim has been attempting to handle all the details, funeral limitations ...close family plus 10 guests for funeral.  Lots of paperwork.  Thankfully she had already paid for funeral home and Cemetery plot.  Next will be all the action to pass on her possessions.

Thank you for the privilege of your time!

Soooo happy you’re enjoying THE BOOK OF two ways!     I actually bought a copy to keep in my personal library.  Your mother-in-law was blessed to have you and Tom tending to her needs. Am sure she’ll Rest In Peace!

I have had "The Splendid and the Vile" on my TBR stack since I purchased it.  I am currently reading "The Book of Two Ways".  I love anything by Jodi Picoult also by Erik Larson.  Hope my eyes hold out till I can get both of these finished!

Involved in watching "The Crown" - Season 4 on Netflix right now. 

Good hearing from you, Joanne!  Hope you likeTHE BOOK of TWO WAYS as much as I did! I found it most memorable!

Still waiting on The Book of Two Ways, reading  Sapiens again and listening to Masked Prey by Sanford. It's hunting season so I listen quietly to a book while I wait.

Slopok, I had trouble finishing MASKED PREY and can’t remember why!  Are you liking it??? I did recently finish a book that held my interest, GOOD SAM by Dete Meserve.  Mystery about a Good Samaritan who leaves bags of $$ on front porches. 

So far Masked Prey is ok, although I think the author my be more  graphic than in other novels.

Maybe that was it, Slopok!  Just remember returning it to library without finishing it!  I can deal with blood/gore but not trash!

Anyone else interested in historical fiction??  In the wee hours of this morning I finished a terrific read, THE ROOM ON RUE AMELIE  by Kristin Harmel. Highly recommend this read as it’s truly a memorable story!  WWII vintage!  ENJOY!!!!!!

I'll google it but my TBR list is growing.

:)     TBR lists are unending!!!!!  That’s optimism!!!!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service