TBD

TBD on Ning

Weezie and I want to go somewhere WARM, HOT IS GOOD for a week in the beginning of April. We looked at San Diego (men in uniform...) , the carribean, Hawaii, Florida, Mozambique, Vietnam, but theres nothing under $2,000. All we want is a sun tan and a little rest. Maybe a cocktail or two... ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Diana (great name). I'll forward this to my child. Last time she took us on vacation was in N India, (by the Pakistan border....soldiers with machine guns and bomb detectors before you were allowed in the 'resort' gates. Cows everywhere. I found out what travellers diahreah was on that trip....
Thank you. Yes - well, bit more stress for just one week than I'd normally recommend :) - I've been in the business of travel (in all of it's many aspects) for more than 32 years - retired out of it now but still maintain a silent partnership in Toronto. I recommend using a reputable travel agency because without one - you are on your own, not such a great idea in these turbulent times. Expedia and Travelocity are both owned and operated by two major rival travel companies, but many smaller sites are not particularly secure, and there are too many layers involved in a booking to leave it to chance.

Buyer beware has never become more important than now, and if you can deal with a good agency - or directly with the supplier - you are better off. If you book through a net travel agency site - be sure to contact the supplier directly - this means every supplier of every component of your trip - to ensure that you have a valid booking. GoGo vacation has been packaging tours for many years and are insured and legitimate. They are a wholesale/retail company who negotiate with their suppliers for decent deals. Please remember that the Caribbean is high season until after April 15th or so. Like GoGo I had a company (in Canada) that represented hotels/airlines/sailboats/villas etc. throughout the Caribbean. I met several of their people when I was negotiating with the same hotels they were rep-ing - it's a fairly good company. Be sure to read all the fine print and buy cancellation insurance as an all inclusive package or cruise becomes non-refundable usually withing 30 days or less of date of departure.

Let us know what you decide on :)
Wow. That's some kind of advice! Thanks, will let you know, 4 sure. Thanks again.
Diana, Tom (who is really cheap)was able to find some flights on jet blue from JFK to Lax...also Virgin America flies to Aruba from JFK for real cheap. I've never been big on hotels, I've always used vrbo, prefering to save the food money for meals that really matter. Breakfast, lunch and most dinners (snacks, Weeze is incorrigably addicted to room service). Often they have a private pool or hot tub too. The place we had in Kauai was amazing!, and for like $200 a day. (We found a stray cat, Marcel, and flew him back to Newark). Cost us a fortune. But we are kind of leaning towards Aruba, as I have to go San Fran in July. We also are considering flying into Miami and driving out to the keys. Like I said Tom is an expert at cheap. The accomidations there are expensive. OH! Time to go. Bye!
Very good Diana. Where were you when we had the travel agency in the 80's?
Thank you - trained by the best ;) Working for an international airline in sales! Where were you in the early nineties ?! Oh right - the year you closed shop I started my company. Pity - I could have benefited and so would have you - retail and wholesale. We need more time to explore these stories. Next time . Soon!
we do. I respect you immensly. Sleep well!
Weezie and I want to go somewhere WARM, HOT IS GOOD for a week in the beginning of April. ~JR (MS)

Key West, FL has a very Caribbean flavor and is relatively inexpensive. It feels like you are in the Conch Republic when you are there. Right now its in the 70s.

I have two cousins who went to St. Thomas (Us Virgin Islands) recently, but at different times. They both loved it and according to my mom, it is her favorite of the Caribbean islands she's been to.

Look up http://www.travelzoo.com or
http://www.lowfares.com/cheap-flights for great deals.

This looks interesting:
http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/attractions.jsp?attID=212&glizda=...
Been all over the carribean. Idealy, Bora Bora, Maldives, Vanuatu, but, maybe another time....The hotels in key west are very expensive. Thanks for your input.
sometimes going directly to the airline is best.
I always love New Orleans. And check out VRBO.com for cheaper places to stay. Apartments, houses, etc, listed by the owners.
I always use vrbo, especially for static stays, or long trips like HI!.... But can we get our sun tan in NewOrleans.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service