TBD

TBD on Ning

Did you know that jello and other geletins are made from disolved animal hides?

Know wonder I never liked the stuff! If you don't belive me you can google it or go to the

'Straight Dope' site and ask.

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, in this case I would say "I think I might puke".

I think it looks delicious!   love J E L L O!

I knew it too TeeBub. Not just hides but hooves too. 

I have eaten it for years anyway.

I knew about this as well.  I still have jello occasionally when I get a taste for it.

I prefer it plain, but sometimes will put sliced bananas in it.

I never liked Jello when I was a child.  

I hated the taste.  

Probably all those hooves and hides.

When they improved the taste later on, I got to like it better, but I rarely eat it at home.

Mostly I like it at Asian buffet restaurants.

For dessert.

Speaking of "Straight Dope", The Teeming Millions was my first internet community.  

I loved lurking there.

And I learned lots, too.

Japanese gelatin dessert is made with agar (seaweed).  It has a crunchy texture kind of like lutefisk, but it doesn't taste fishy.  Unless you are grossed out eating what lab bacteria eat, it is a vegetable alternative to hooves and hides.

I have know for a long time, since I was a kid, that jello was made from animal hides and hooves too. I ate it anyway.

once gain P.A. , UGH!

When you grow up as poor as I did you don't turn away any food. I ate worse.

Jello is pretty good. No matter what it is made of. I like PA have known since sometime in high school what it was made of. Still like it.

I always heard jello was good for your nails.

So have I, Aggie.

Well, I'm somewhat like a human garbage disposal....I'll eat a lot of stuff of questionable origin.  Although I don't really eat much Jello (too lazy to make it), I'll never turn it down at a funeral luncheon, or as a dinner guest.  I like it best with fruit cocktail, or any canned fruit, as I think about it....not so much with the shredded carrots.  The cream cheese or Cool Whip toppings are a nice touch.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service