TBD

TBD on Ning

What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Best 2017 Kubota tractor, Worst my first home.

Best purchase: in some ways our house, they're supposed to be a good investment; on the other hand, it's starting to have more & more problems which I think we're too old for but Huzz doesn't agree, so here we stay.

Worst purchase: a sleep number bed; total waste of (way too much) $$ and now it's starting to act up too.

Worst: my first wedding. Best: my second.

"Marriage is like wine. It is not properly judged until the second glass."  ~  Douglas William Jerrold

I don't know about the worst but the best...one comes to mind. Many years ago Sam Ash Music Stores had a close-out sale on a synthesizer/keyboard.  At the tine this unit retailed for,if I remember ,about $1,800.00. They just had a small amount...about 50 or so. They were selling them for $300.00 and I grabbed one.

The best is my 2013 Kia Soul. I have around 150,000 miles on it and other than tires and batteries the only things I've had to do is a tune up, radiator flush and a set of brakes. Run's perfect. 

Worst is the house I'm in now. It needs a lot of repairs and I can't find anyone that wants to work on it. I think they are all drawing unemployment and just have no desire to work.

Same problems here. Guy across the street wanted to do a good amount of work done. Had calls. Even.got some prices. Hired one guy. He never showed. Neighbor is 77 years old with bad legs from diabetes. He climbed up on the metal roof and washed it himself.

Not sure about the worst, but the best is my recent purchase of and Instant Pot. Best invention since sliced bread. I use it all the time. Anything made in it is so very flavorful.

Best thing I ever purchased- 59 years ago I bought 2 nylon laundry baskets for $10 each.Put one in lay away - paid $1 a week- then did the same for the second one.We still use thm today- my kids say its the only thing I have that they will fight over. They have been thru hell- kids used to put dogs in them and send them down the stairs- been onmany trips- fishing and picnics.

Worst 3rd marriage license.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service