TBD

TBD on Ning

I find myself reading a series that I thought would never interest me. 

A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages by Lina Potter

It is set in the 11th century and involves a woman who somehow goes from being in a bad accident in this century to back to the 11th century where she wakes up a fat countess.  I am really not into time travel, royalty or that kind of thing, however I am on my fourth book in this series.  Even as I tell myself how bizarre this is......take for instance how much the English language has changed, I find myself interested.  It is not an especially challenging read so I am at a loss why I am so interested!  There is another series I read, called the Aunt Dimity series, that I think is written much like a Nancy Drew book that I also enjoy at times.  I guess we all open the book and give it a try and if it holds our attention we read!  I also find that I sometimes just cannot read a book......and again I am at a loss as to why I am not able to read it.  I guess with the zillion of books now available I just don't want to waste the time if I am not enjoying myself.  

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds somewhat interesting to me so I will be trying this book out.  I find that there are many books I just can't read.  I think this is why when I find a book that I find interesting I will usually read it again.  For many years I read the Janette Oak books over and over at least once a year.  I have passed them off to my granddaughter so she is enjoying them now.  They are simple stories and easy to read but they are stories I love to hear, see, and live (in my mind) over and over.  I also do this with a few of John Grisham's books and with Jamie Langston Turner's books.  I am reading Some Wildflower In My Heart for the third time and completely enjoying it just as if it were the first time through. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service