TBD

TBD on Ning

Here's a place to record your day-to-day equestrian doings, musings, and adventures.

Tags: day-to-day doings, equestrian ephemera, what's happenin'?

Views: 1130

Replies to This Discussion

Heat can really sap your energy!  I used a trick when competing in the summer. I found evaporative cooling bands (similar to these http://www.hotheadz.net/coolingaids.html) that I wore under my helmet or top hat and sometimes around my neck (hidden by my high collar). I improved the cooling these provided by refrigerating them or keeping them in a cooler. They really help!

Considering the challenges, it sounds like you did well, Carol. Congratulations.

And I love to think of Nathan just hanging out happily! 

A rainy day all day! A good day to drive over to the commercial laundry and nonchalantly load all my dirty pads, shipping boots and tack towels into a machine and WASH them! I was nice enough to brush them down beforehand so that there would be little or no horse hair left in the machines afterward. Need them ready for the next show in September.

HAHAHAHA! The secret sins of equestrians! 

I used to sheepishly use the commercial washers, then after all the horse gear had been washed, I'd run an empty wash to clean the machines. I still always felt a little guilty.

What's the date in September?

September 8th and have already sent in my entry form and started to make arrangements for support staff. But yesterday we had a play day instead of a lesson. Brought out the egg and spoon for some trot work and some canter work. I thought I was doing good when I only dropped the egg a few times, but a younger rider came along and only dropped it once trotting around for about 5 minutes! then we did 2 xrails and I planned to trot the cavalettis after the last xrail but I ran out of air! Maybe next time. 

Let's see how that "younger rider" will do when he or she is your age. That's the real test.

You're amazing.

Best of luck on the 8th. I'll be rootin' for you both!

Thanks

HEY! How did you do in the show?!!!! :>)

In talking with a friend who recently returned from a horse trek to Canyon de Chelly in AZ about horse adoption, I realized that while I can't be a horse mommy, I can certainly be a horse auntie or grandma. After all I play with he/she a few times a week, take her/him on trips, see to his/her comfort, always have treats for him/her and at the end of the day return him/her to it's mommy! Isn't that what an aunt or grandmother does? LOL!

Yup! Perfect. LOL!

So humid today that Nathan was sluggish..but then so was I! Did some good shoulder-in and had him round and bent several times.

I hate high humidity! It can be so draining.

Sounds like you did some good work, though. That's what's important. And I'm sure Nathan got a nice little rinse off and walk afterward.  

I love putting a horse to bed all cool, clean, and comfy--then you look down and realize you're a MESS!  Ha!

Yeah...there you are at the shower stall, spraying him with cold water and/or having first sponged him with vetrolin mix and wishing you were being sprayed with cold water instead! Then off you go to the local fast food place (sometimes smelling like the horse) and certainly dirty/dusty and sweaty, but it's time to feed the grumbling stomach. I left Nathan alternately eating carrots and hay. He had another lesson in about an hour.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service