TBD

TBD on Ning

My laptop is sitting gathering dust and tears, please help or advise...thanks!

Dell Inspirion 1525 Laptop running Windows Vista, Firefox

I shut down the laptop computer instead of letting in go into sleep mode...next morning, this horror:

Windows failed to start.

It advised that I Insert windows installation disc and restart and click and repair.

File: /windows/system32/config/system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt

These are the disks that I have:

1. Operating System Re installation cd

2. Drivers and Utillities  cd

I've tried everything ! It keeps taking me back to choices of safe mode, start normally etc...not doing any repairing options !

Help, Advice, Prayers, chocolate ? !!!!!

Thank you !

pat

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

go safe mode...there will popup a choice to the effect that do you want to start in the last good sequence that allowed it to run properly...pick that and see if it it come up

if that doesn't work, then you have to go to plan b which is to repair windows using the installation disc...

or you can check these pages for download tools to repair that error..

How to fix 0xc000000f Error?

Click here follow the steps to fix 0xc000000f and related errors.

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0xc000000f

or

How to FIX error code 0XC000000F ?

Fixing Error 0XC000000F manually is a difficult process and it is not recommend unless you are an expert in this field.

Therefore, we recommend you to use Regservo. It is reliable PC Repair tool that can do all the hard work for you.

Please follow the 3 steps below:

(1) (Download 0XC000000F Repair Tool). RECOMMENDED

(2) Click the "Scan Now" Button. and wait for the scan to finish.

(3) Click the "Fix" button to fix all identified errors.

Note: Please make sure that you restart your computer after regservo fixes all your identified errors.

http://error-toolkit.com/errors.php?t=0XC000000F#fix

Gonna try that again, think I did, but ya never know through all of my crying and wailing lol ! I will get back and let ya know. Thanks....sigh....wishing and hoping !

Since I cannot get the laptop to work at all other than this death screen, I cannot download anything to it. Or, are you suggesting that I load this 'tool/application' say to a zip drive then plug it into the laptop ? I've tried every other suggestion and nada....so, if this isn't working...is there a way I can just format the hard drive even with this death screen, how do I circumvent it to do anything ??? Sigh.

"Windows failed to start.

It advised that I Insert windows installation disc and restart and click and repair."

so they mean you to try booting with the disc in your machine..

same thing happened to me this week or maybe last week after Windows updated, on a Compac and Windows 7. The second our third time out entirely and in ( computer off) it had a different repair screen than usual but the screen made sense for the problem, it took quite awhile to fix itself but it is now gone.

Laptop still not working, I can get in safe mode and all of its' selections but they do nothing in terms of repair, booting, etc. Any other help and advice ? Cannot use any download programs because there is no operating system only some version of safe mode.

This may require a new hard drive but I'd sure like to find out if there is a way I can format this thing from safe mode and wipe it out, don't care if I lose info as most files I need are on a zip drive. So advice on formating in safe mode if it can be done would be awesome !

I had a similar problem on my HP Desktop/Vista last year.  I do not remember exactly how I cured it but like you the items under the F8 method did not work. The F8 repair options at first fixed things until I turned it off again but after a few days not even that.  I think I solved it by doing something after using the F10 or F11 and I am sorry but don't remember if I used the ctrl key at all or just held the F key down when powering on. But I did not need a restore disk or anything. Suspiciously this began after a douse of Windows updates.

In your initial post you say, " It keeps taking me back to choices of safe mode, start normally etc...not doing any repairing options !"  Do you mean the computer will not do the repair options or that you do not want to try them?

Right Shadowman...it is not doing any repairs at all !

I am going to try your F10/F11 ideas and see if anything goes on that....as I've said Ive got the original reinstall/restore discs from Dell and even that does nothing. Ive configured it to boot from the restore disc and nada nothing ! Yikes !

Thanks Shadowman, I appreciate hearing what you did....I will keep ya updated !

does dell give you any restore discs? i've never used vista (thank ye jesus)....but xp and 7 can restore to factory settings from the original discs....which might just be what you need to do...here is a search and articles about restoring a dell to factory specs

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=to+restore+dell+from+origina%3Bl+d...

on 7 there is a disc partition d that you can also restore from

As I've said, I've got the original restore discs from dell along with the drivers discs...neither do anything....sigh.

How to Restore a Dell Disk

How to Restore a Dell Disk thumbnail Restoring your computer requires only a few clicks and keystrokes.

It is possible for the operating system stored on your Dell computer's hard disk drive to become corrupted or unstable. If your Dell crashes for no apparent reason or is running sluggishly you may have an issue that can only be resolved by restoring the drive back to its original condition. Although a full disk restore will delete everything stored on your computer, it will also completely resolve any software problems or virus infections. Have a question? Get an answer from a Nerd now!

Things You'll Need

• Rewritable DVD or USB drive

Instructions

Place a rewritable DVD into the optical drive or attach a USB flash drive to an available USB port on the Dell computer. Open the Start menu and select "Control Panel."

Click "System and Maintenance" and then choose "Backup and Restore." Choose "Set Up Backup" and then follow the on-screen instructions to back up the files you need to the storage device.

Remove the storage device and disconnect any peripheral devices connected to the Dell computer, such as an Ethernet cable or printer. Turn off the Dell computer.

Power on the Dell computer. Tap the "F8" key during the boot sequence until a new menu appears labeled "Advanced Boot Options."

Scroll down to the "Repair Your Computer" menu option and tap the Enter key. Click the language button and select the specific language you want to use when you restore the Dell's hard drive.

Type in your existing profile user name and password if you already had a profile set up on the Dell's operating system. Select "OK" and then click the "Dell Factory Image Restore" option.

Choose "Yes" to verify you want to delete all existing data on the hard disk drive and reinstall the Windows operating system. Click "Finish" to restart the Dell computer.

Use the drop down menus and radio buttons that appear to setup your Internet connection, choose your time zone, and create a new profile name.

Tips & Warnings

• If you are using an earlier operating system such as Windows XP you will instead need to press the "Ctrl" and "F11" keys at the same time instead of tapping "F8."

• You can also restore the hard drive by using the Dell recovery CD if your computer came with one. Insert the CD and restart the computer. Wait for the computer to boot from the CD and then follow the on-screen recovery instructions.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service