TBD

TBD on Ning

Why don't they make Valentine's Day cards for

"I think I like you but it's too soon to tell."

How about " I like you and want to get to know more about you before I take the plunge, get divorced, pay alimony, child support and go through hell for the rest of my life, wondering what I may have done wrong or what I could have done to make it better." Love hurts, sometimes..

Would you be my virtual Valentine?

Tags: cards, hearts, valentines

Views: 973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I lost my marbles, need to find some.

Do You Love Me?...

"Do you love me with all your heart and soul?" asked Vickie on Valentine's Day.

"Mmm hmm," replied Wendell.

"Do you think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Do you think my lips are like rose petals?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Oh Wendell," gushed Vickie, "you say the most beautiful things!"

How to end a relationship, economist style:

We need to talk. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately. About us. I really like you, but ever since we met in that econ class in college I knew there was something missing from how I felt: quantitative reasoning. We can say we love each other all we want, but I just can’t trust it without the data. And after performing an in-depth cost-benefit analysis of our relationship, I just don’t think this is working out.

Please know that this decision was not rash. In fact, it was anything but—it was completely devoid of emotion. I just made a series of quantitative calculations, culled from available OECD data on comparable families and conservative estimates of future likelihoods. I then assigned weights to various “feelings” based on importance, as judged by the relevant scholarly literature. From this, it was easy to determine that given all of the options available, the winning decision on both cost-effectiveness and comparative-effectiveness grounds was to see other people.

- Freakonomics

It's 14 days until Valentine's Day so now would be a good time for someone to come forward and declare their love for me.

I love you, Aggie, 335 days late.  Or is it 43 days too early?  ツ

Early, I am still breathing.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service