TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11813

Replies to This Discussion

Pork chop on the grill. I've got about a dozen left over shrooms from a huge pot of spaghetti sauce I made tonight, so I think I'll make some beer battered shrooms. 

I did find some 3 dollar a pound T-bone steaks tonight at grocery store.

Tonight was left over stuff out of the cooler. Some chicken strips, a couple slices of ham, a slice of swiss cheese, chips, and multiple beers. I just might have one more!

Homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs, over store bought mushroom stuffed ravioli.

you notice they don't really tell you what's in it?  how bout yellow greasy goo flavored with chemicals? yummy! dinner from a chemistry set

What Really is Velveeta and How Can I Cook with It?

We took a look at the cult-favorite cheese product. Velveeta is, no doubt, a cult classic, but what do we actually know about this beloved cheese? In 1928 Velveeta was introduced to the masses by Kraft Foods, and in the 1930s it became the first cheese product to merit the American Medical Association's seal of approval. Although today its most popular use is, of course, to make macaroni and cheese, it was first introduced as a "sauce" to be served "over toasted sandwiches of peanut butter and pickles." Sounds good, right? Maybe not.

RELATED: How to Make the Perfect Mac and Cheese

To develop a more mainstream appeal, in 1953 Velveeta was reformulated as a cheese spread, and was designed to have a taste that replicated American cheese with a more "velvety" texture, hence the name. Through the years this processed cheese product, which Kraft refers to as a "fun, family-friendly" food, has shown its versatility in recipes like queso dip, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheesy broccoli soup, and even Velveeta fudge. It has also gained a major fan following since the '20s. Today, there are several websites and Facebook pages dedicated to Velveeta's cheesy goodness and nostalgic quality.

Blue Jello for lunch.

Beer battered catfish and a can of corn. 

Three dirty blondes and Blackened Quesadillas at the double mountain place.

Sounds more interesting than what I'm having!

I also had a free coupon.

Taking it easy tonight and ordering pizza.

NY strip steak on the grill. Black on the outside, bleeding on the inside, and a baked tater.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service