TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11826

Replies to This Discussion

Another dose of the four bean chili......YUM!  Even better the second day!

I may make another batch for a dish to pass at a get-together tomorrow.

I haven't had good chili in ages...

Oops, I see by the recipe that its baked beans, not chili.  I KNEW that!  Anyway, here's the recipe.

ROOSEVELT LODGE BEANS

1 lb bulk sausage (I used hot Italian)

1/2 lb bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch squares

1 medium onion, diced

1 16 oz can, pork and beans

1 12 oz can, kidney beans

1 12 oz can, lima beans

1 12 oz can, butter beans

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup ketchsup

2 tblsp cider vinegar

1 tblsp prepared mustard

salt and pepper to taste

Fry sauasage and bacon and onions (Do NOT DRAIN!!!  lol)

Combine with the rest of the ingredients in an oven safe bowl and cook for 45 minutes @ 325. I left the liquid from the beans in it, to make it more soupy.

Serve with Tums. 

Caleb and I dined at an exclusive seafood restaurant, Captain D's. I wonder if d's has an interest in the place. Actually a fast food chain in the South
Yeah, maybe she could get us some discount coupons, P.A.
you boys are cute. but no coupons for you! That Captain & I had a family feud years ago & I wouldn't be caught dead in his place! Sorry, boys, but them's the breaks. You know how it is w/family.

I had a pile-0-fried.   Smelt and onion rings!  

Followed by a very nice dose of Zantac, thank you very much.

Wow!  That would even send my "grease-o-meter" into the red zone!
I had two Stadium Brats on wheat bread with spicy mustard and sweet relish. Then i drank a glass of Metamucil. And went to the ice cream social where I had a big hunk of strawberry ice cream and a cup of coffee. Before bed I'll take my usual nexium. Oops, it's almost bedtime. Got to get up at 6:15 in the morning and go to work.
George and I had steak and french fries last night.
Grilled marinated chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers and more.
I had the four bean baked bean dish for breakfast this morning, with a couple of eggs on top for good measure.  A lunch was not neccessary.  Tonight I think I'll have tilapia sauteed, and maybe some canned veggies.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service