TBD

TBD on Ning

You saw it but wish you hadn't.  You're told you need to see it but you don't want to.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will you come and hold my... hand?
I know it would be too much to ask you to hold my tail, but how about my paw?
I don't want to see (or hear) another parent going off on their kid in any public place ever again. It's not even me and embarrassment occurs.
When I first went to the funeral home after mom died, an aunt (I forget which one) told me to touch her hand, her hands were never cold before. Not a good last memory. But a sight I only had to see once. I'm sure she thought it was the right thing to do.
Why? I'm asking seriously. I know that's hard to believe. But I'm considering an I-Phone. I'm wondering what you would do with an I-Pad.
That's one powerful blender.
a red leather wallet with $60.oo in it, and a driver's license. I had found it at night, and the next day the female owner was 200 miles away - ostensibly a college student, whom I was never able to speak with for some strange reason. But she did have friends . . ., they came by and returned her property intact - or so I was told, I have no proof.

Only much later did it occur to me that this was nothing more than a highly adapted form of attaching a dollar bill to a fishing pole: a dangled lure, waiting, LYING, patiently on the sidewalk.

Had I known then what I know today, I would perhaps have simply shot myself forthwith, in the head, and thus been spared untold misery emanating from the hands of fools enslaved in the production of madness . . .
Hello? Hello, Operator? I'm just getting a lot of static here. I can't understand...

*What's in your fruit juice this morning, ZD?*
;-D
My point? Is that what you are asking?

Practical Jokes: are neither practical, nor are they funny.

Did you know that Freud said:

“Neurosis is the inability to tolerate ambiguity.”

“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”

“America is a mistake, a giant mistake.”

“We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love.”
ZD,usually I can make some sense of your postings. But this one eludes me. YOU SAY YOU FOUND THE WALLET. THE OWNER WAS BY THEN 200 MILES AWAY. YOU TURNED IT OVER TO SOME FRIENDS OF HER. I don't understand the problem. I don't see where you lost anything. If she didn't contact you to ask where it was, why would you assume that it was some kind of joke or scam? Did you lose anything? if there is more to the story, am I to make it up?
It's a little complicated, CWO3ROBBIE, but I'll provide a bit more detail, perhaps it may help, and perhaps not.

It was about 10pm when I found the wallet, it was bright red, and stood out very nicely as it lay on the pavement by the curb. It also had as I recall, three twenty dollar bills inside. During any summer afternoon that particular street sees a fair amount of pedestrian traffic, it isn't reasonable to presume because of the volume of traffic and the visibility of the wallet that it had lain there for more than five hours.

Probably much less - and my guess is that it lay there much less indeed.

The owner was young, and female, her friends seemed to be UVM students - her age bracket - for her to have dropped the wallet and been in Conn - her home according to the drivers license inside - seemed to require an overnight, or early morning trip.

The slightly odd behavior of her friends, the incongruence of her dropping the wallet one night and being two states away the following day, is hardly proof of anything.

The near accident at a street corner just a few weeks later, involving me on a bicycle and a car load of young people who ran a red light as I crossed the intersection - at about the same time of evening as when I had previously found the wallet - is likewise, hardly proof of anything - but I can assure you the nearness of that miss is something I will not forget. You could not have stood between my rear wheel, and the passenger fender of that red light running motor vehicle without experiencing a tremendous, life altering event that would, indeed, impact your future and the lives of loved ones near and far . . . and I can assure you, I did indeed push very very hard on those pedals for every single inch of room - up hill - in an effort to clear that speeding front bumper.

I was, as it were, returning from a workout - I used to spend quite a bit of time by the lake, switching between my bike and kata practice. No doubt, at that time, when I say I pushed hard for every single inch - I was not without resources - which were barely sufficient.

Suffice it to say, If I want to know if a particular individual is honest, I have a very simple method upon which I may rely . . .

And If I want to know if a person is prone to accidents, well. Who can say death will not result, merely by the asking . . .

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service