TBD

TBD on Ning

Any ideas about what you wanna do while you are here? I'm would really like to have a lunch or dinner here at my place. I guess it would really depend on how many people show though. I have a kitchen table, and a dining room table that I think we could seat at least 10, and probably 12.(eating at couches and coffee tables would add another 4, and for the adventurous that can eat off their lap, probably another 4 or 5.  And if the weather cooperates I could seat at least another 10 or 12 outside. 

Let us know what you would like to do while here. (other than going to the nude beach, Deez didn't think that was a good idea)

There is a local strip club (and I'm NOT KIDDING, the name is MY ATLANTIS) that has a free buffet from 12 to 3 if you are into cocktail weenies wrapped in crescent rolls. Yum!!

Just let us know what ya wanna do in Fl in Feb!!!

Views: 397

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be cool B A F if everybody came to my place, maybe Fri evening. Kind of a meet and greet thing. And I think a beverage or three would be appropriate.

Well, Since you have blown my cover about using the RV, I think I'll let some of the more creative attendees design the program. If we can get Odee here we can always go to a Karaoke bar.

Quinn, I don't have a spa in the RV, but Teebub says that could be arranged. (:>)

Robbie, There isn't enough beer in the world to make me sing karaoke, but there is a sports bar that is about a mile from here that has an outdoor karaoke bar.

Tee, There isn't enough beer in the world to make other people want me to sing anything.

However, there are some people in this group that are really good.

I'm with B A F...hanging with you guys is all I need! And, a cocktail :-D

Although, I was counting on, and looking forward to,  a meal cooked by our resident gourmand...TeeBubbaDee, so I am all for a Friday at T's.

Besides, I want to see his front door in person...

And...um...NO to the strip club. At least for me. I was gonna say something about weinies in rolls, but I'll leave that alone...

I'm sure that we will have lots of fun between now and Feb. discusing what to do. I've been involved in a number of Meet-ups. The first one which was in KC was very well planned and organized. We even had formal groups and discussions about specific topics.  It was a great time, but a lot more planning and effort went into it than was required for the number that showed up. I've been to three in the Pittsburgh area. They each had a similar format.  The dinner out and Karaoke. the picnic and get together at a hotel or someones house. Or both. Of course, due to a brake problem I got to spend 5 days at the Kremis house. As those who stayed there this Aug will testify, that is a great experience.  For me, I do believe the most enjoyable part of the group meet-ups are the extemporized events.  In the Hotel lobbys at KC and the first Pberg meets. sitting around in Cat's backyard and the Kremis's kitchen and of course them taking me to the family get together for Larry's birthday. Having dinner and a few beers at TeeBubs when Larry and KC came through Florida.  I have also met one on one with a few of the tbd ers. The first time I met RRC was at her shop.  I met Thallygal at a BBQ place in Colorado Springs, and LFQ at a mobile home/RV park in a Suburb of Denver; WtF (whom I think we should invite even tho she isn't part of Moosie's crossing)at a Chilli's in Tampa in 2009 and at her home in 2011. all of my experiences meeting tbders have been interesting and very enjoyable. I hope that I haven slighted anyone by not mentioning them here. At last count I have met 63 of you and telling how much I enjoyed meeting each one of you would take up a lot of space.  

OK, Had to go walk Happy and move clothes from washers to dryers.

Here are some suggestions. You need to be very flexible. Every one of the meets that I have attended had more people saying they were coming than actually showed up. We all have various commitments in our lives and sometimes cannot do the things we want.

1. Identify a couple of motels or Hotels as close to your place as possible where people could stay. Then encourage people to use this thread to communicate with others who are coming. They can then decide where to stay know who to expect to be at their motel/hotel.

2. Find out about Taxi service. If it looks to be needed, I can be down there and help pick up drop off anyone who is flying in. 

3. Decide how many people you would feel comfortable with staying at your place and once the quota is filled cut it off. 

4.Whether or not to cook at your place is up to you. Just don't allow yourself to get uptight about it.

Experience shows this to be a very easy to get along with group of people. In a social setting at least.

5. Is there a park near the water that we might be able to use? However, it will be in Feb and could be cold or rainy.  What would be the fall back plan?

Considering that it is in Fla. in the winter, in a recession, it could be as few as you, or as many as 20. I don't think we will exceed that number.

Maybe people would like to go to the dog track. Who knows, There is always something going on in that area.

Really looking forward to this. Once again, The only requirement for a good time is;   Do not put more effort into the plan than is necessary. and               

"BE FLEXIBLE"!   

Did I kill another thread?
No, I just need to cogitate a bit.

Robbie wrote: "I have also met one on one with a few of the tbd ers. The first time I met RRC was at her shop.  I met Thallygal at a BBQ place in Colorado Springs, and LFQ at a mobile home/RV park in a Suburb of Denver; WtF (whom I think we should invite even tho she isn't part of Moosie's crossing)at a Chilli's in Tampa in 2009 and at her home in 2011."

hey! what about me at a burger joint in Atlanta?!

...sheesh. how quickly he forgets. and I thought it was good for him, too.

Thanks for the tips Robbie. I posted a link to local hotels. I also checked on 2 different taxis. Seems the going rate is $2, plus $2 per mile, with a $10 minimum.

I think we should heed Robbie's sage advice (even though he DID dis me in a post up there ^ ^ ^)

As I shared w/Teebs, I'm happy to take the role as the/one of the coordinators, but I think this is such an easy going bunch that a lot of it will just fall into place. I'm game to help w/selecting & coordinating hotel bookings & outings.

I think we should start w/LUNCH at Teebs' & plan on staying THROUGH dinner! '-) We can figure out the food - we'll pitch in on the cost or have it catered or make a big grocery store run for snacks & ready made stuff - that'll work itself out, no doubt.

I'm w/Quinn & B A F (isn't THAT a scary thought - the trouble the 3 of US will stir up together! '-) - I'm quite happy just to hang out & enjoy the company.

This is getting very exciting!

One other thought... as it gets closer, how about we begin to post our arrival plans here, so we can get a feel for when the bulk of folks will arrive - Thursday? Friday? And maybe we can coordinate some similar arrival plans for those flying in, so Robbie can minimize his trips to the airport. '-)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service