TBD

TBD on Ning

Dostoevsky. Crime and Punishment. I read it as a kid, then picked it up again on this trip. (This time son was reading it.) Absolutely rivetting. 

I just finished Infidel (what a brave woman!) and was ready to start on Satanic Verses (S. Rushdie) before I was diverted. Next I just MUST re-read The Brothers Karamazov. Theres a reason this stuff is classical.

What about you? What's in your reading pile?

Tags: books, education, entertainment, reading

Views: 835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At the moment, nothing serious. The owner's manual for my new dash unit.

Got a stack of novels two feet high that I need to start devoting some attention to, but I can't seem to work up much enthusiasm right now, for some reason.
Right now I am reading discussions on TBD
Oh, Yes they do.

Except now they put a cheesy "supernatural" spin on it. How original. My fiancee devours that crap by the truckload.
"Dangerously Funny, the Uncensured Story of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour", by David Bianculli. Hey, it was $3.99 on the bargain table at Borders.

Somehow, all that fighting with the censors that went on with the Smothers Brothers and their show seems kinda, well, quaint now.
Eat, Pray, Love the book cost as much as a theater ticket and it's difficult for me to sit still in at the movies.
Baby Catcher...my daughter just finished her ob rotation and recommended it....the book...not having babies, thank goodness.
Just finished "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck.
Probably the best book I've ever read....sad, at times depressing, but it depicted a sad time in American History.
Very well written...Steinbeck can really paint a picture with words.

......thank you, Dear Woman....
I recently completed both THE GREEK WAY and THE ROMAN WAY by Edith Hamilton and just
finished CHARIOTS OF THE GODS? by Erich Von Daniken. After having read both THE CLAIMING OF SLEEPING BEAUTY and BEAUTY'S PUNISHMENT, I am currently reading the final book in the trilogy,
BEAUTY'S RELEASE by A.N. Roquelaure.
I am reading "Inkspell" by Cornelia Funke. It is the second book in the Inkheart trilogy.
I just finished That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo. (I love Russo's work.)

I'm now reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It's over 600 pages and I'm flying through it, and getting annoyed when some issue of Real Life occurs and I can't keep reading. So far, it's a very intriguing story.

Three other summer reads: An Unfinished Life by Mark Spragg (pretty good), Lamb Bright Saviors by Robert Vivian (eh...) and Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden (couldn't put it down).
...Currently wading into the humongous first volume of Mark Twain's autobiography.
My sister sent me books for my birthday, as usual, so I am reading Barbara Kingsolver's book of essays, Small Wonder. Next up, Lindsey Davis' Alexandria, a Marcus Didius Falco mystery set in first-century Rome.
"Shaker Songs a celebration of peace, harmony, and simplicity" compiled by Christian Goodwillie.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service