TBD

TBD on Ning

...The Ranch's answer to you -know - what - with no rules.

Go ahead...tell us what you're having for dinner - we can't wait! Got a cute pic of kitty peeking out of a paper bag? Post it! We live for that stuff!

Math addict? How about a refresher on the Pythagorean Theorem?

Like macaroni and cheese? Tell us why!

So even if you're not a writer or a poet (yet), there's still plenty of fun things to do at the Armadillo!

Oh baby, oh baby!

Views: 7166

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Marilyn. So quiet around here. where is everybody? Has anyone heard from Bmichael?

Carson: Transgender people should get their own bathroom

November 5, 2015

By Angela Moon

Just days after voters in Houston rejected an ordinance allowing transgender people to choose the bathroom of their choice, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson suggested creating transgender bathrooms.

In a live interview with Jorge Ramos from Fusion on Facebook, the retired neurosurgeon said “it is not fair” for transgender people “to make everybody else uncomfortable,” and therefore, they should have their own bathroom.

New York gay activist group Human Rights Campaign (HRC) immediately responded to Carson’s comments.

“Ben Carson’s hateful comments are out of touch and all candidates should immediately make clear that they disavow his dangerously transphobic views,” said HRC President Chad Griffin.

Carson’s remarks came just two days after Houston, the fourth most populous U.S. city, voted against a measure that have would banned discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation, protections not guaranteed under Texas law.

The Houston Equal Rights Ordinance was backed by outgoing Mayor Annise Parker, the first openly lesbian mayor of a major U.S. city, and local business, while prominent Republicans and Christian pastors rallied against the proposal also know as HERO.

A gender-neutral bathroom is seen at the University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California September 30, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

“How about we have a transgender bathroom?” Carson responded when Ramos asked him about the rejected ordinance.

Carson added: “I think everybody has equal rights, but I’m not sure that anybody should have extra rights… extra rights when it comes to redefining everything for everybody else and imposing your view on everybody else.”

On Monday, the U.S. government found that a Chicago suburban high school districtdiscriminated against a transgender student and gave the school a month to provide full access to girls’ locker rooms or lose federal funding.

Ramos’ full interview with Carson is available on Ramos’ official Facebook accounthttps://www.facebook.com/jorgeramosnews/

(Additional reporting by Melissa Fares)

After reading this and other comments by Carson, even Donald McRonald is starting to look good. Oy!

Don't  know if I can bear watching tonight's debate with both eyes(and ears open). These events tend to make me chew up the insides of my cheeks,

Ohhhh...please don't do that, Westerly...go bowling or something....

We have not watched all of all of the debates, preferring to get the highlights the next day.  The Donald called this last debate "elegant."  I am of the opinion that anything he is involved in is, by definition, NOT elegant.

I don't remember if I shared any of this, and I'm too lazy to go back and check.

My mother died in August 2014 -- I do know I shared that.

Since her death, I am now sole guardian of my brother, age 64, brain-damaged since birth.  He had lived with my mother all his life, but it was no longer safe.  In early 2014 I started the process of finding him a foster home.  He moved in with his new family a little over a year ago.  They are very, very good to him, and he's adjusted quite well, all things considered. 

But... he seems to think I've abandoned him, and, although he lets me take him for walks and to dinner, he no longer calls me his pet names or kisses my head.  I am upset by this, even though I understand his point of view.  I don't know if I've mentioned that he lives a four hour drive away, so I haven't been able to visit him more than every three weeks, and it takes a lot out of me when I do visit.

Just needed to vent -- thanks for reading.

Ok…so Donald McRonald said he doesn’t drink (also no smoking, drugs, and caffeine).

Ahhh…it’s all so clear now.

If all of this is true – am waiting patiently for someone to come forward to discredit some, if not all of these assertions – then therein lies the problem.

Donald! Lighten up, man! Relax…have a beer…lose the suit (and the hairspray). In fact, you can come over to my place…we’ll have some Blue Ladys…nachos…hang out…chill…I’ll introduce you to Westerly, Carol, and Marilyn…I promise you’ll feel much better!

Give me a call, dude!

Your soon-to-be new best friend,

Bmichael

LOL. I hope you have enough Blue Ladys for us all. Only way I could manage to chill with The Donald without grinding my teeth to the nubs. Cheers!

Science

NASA Is Seeking Astronauts. Do You Have The Right Stuff?

Dear NASA,

My name is Bmichael and I have a really cool ponytail.

Warmest regards,

B "Flash" Michael

Dear Bmichael,

But do you have enough Blue Ladies for everyone?  Sharing is not only encouraged in space, but required.

NASA

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service