Please answer TRUE or FALSE to each

statement, then leave another one

for the next person, and I will begin with ~

You know how to eat

withchopsticks

Views: 8621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too much of a chemical found in licorice root (glycyrrhizin) can kill you, particularly if you have heart disease, kidney disease, or high BP. HAPPILY, I found that anise (which tastes very much like licorice) has no deleterious effects. If you LOVE licorice, look for Anise Bears which are like bear-shaped gumdrops which taste very licorice-y.

Australian licorice is great. What I don't like is Scandinavian licorice, which is very salty.

You loved Good n' Plenty as a kid much more than chocolate candies.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look for anise bears . Are they hard to find? Yes I did those,  but juicy fruits were my favorite. Didn't care for chocolate until I got older.

You find, in the lat year or so, that you are retrying foods you didn't used to care for , and are revising your opinion.

(I can't get to stores, so I don't know if anise bears are in 'em. They are available online at lots of places.)

Not really. 

You wish you had access to unlimited cuisines from around the world.

Yes

You have all kinds of catalogs, and they continue to spill in every day.

Not really, at least not like I used to.

Your favorites are gardening and King Arthur Flour catalogs (pretty specific, huh? ツ )

Gardening and Vermont Country Store

You love Old Farmers Almanac calendars

Yes! (And I ADORE Vermont Country Store catalogs!)

You went to the Vermont Country Store when you lived in New England.

Wish I had. Never got around to it. There are a number of outlets too, in the state.

You are tempted to buy your own self a present from there , (such as one if their yummy cakes).

Sometimes. ツ  I used to live in, and then visit, Vermont and often went to the store in Weston. It was SO homey! (I've never had one of their cakes--which one do you like?)

You love a good German Stollen, especially the kind with a marzipan center (yum!).

I can't decide. A friend once sent me a (natural, but filled, no iridescent jellied fruit) fruit cake, from there, which was the only fruitcake I've ever liked in my life.

You never figured out what those glowing rubbery fruits even were.

Hahaha! Sadly, I knew too well what they were. Actually, my mom made a very dark, rich English fruitcake which she wrapped in cheesecloth and soaked with rum, I believe, and let sit for weeks to "mellow." It was very good. And I have a recipe somewhere for a wonderful fresh fruit, white fruitcake made with fresh (or canned) real cherries and pecans and pineapple. It's DELICIOUS!

You still have at least one person for whom you love buying Christmas gifts. 

Yes. Little ones. I know what you mean. Sometimes buying can be routine, or a chore. 

You still have a few little ones you buy for, or else, you wish they were little again

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service