for the next person, and I will begin with ~

You know how to eat

withchopsticks

Views: 8621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Constantly. Although I learn quickly.

You don't fear failure.

Haha haha. Failure is a familiar old friend of mine. I just pick myself up.

Learning from others mistakes is as valuable as learning from your own

Maybe not quite as valuable, but almost. :>)

You would like to visit Japan.

I'm more interested in parts of Africa -- the plains where those lovely animals run and hunt.

You would rather visit  some place closer

(Yup! See the Serengeti while there are still animals!)

I wouldn't say "rather," but I have many closer places I'd also like to see! 

You prefer to spend a couple of weeks in one destination in order to get to know it rather than doing whirlwind sightseeing.

Yes.

You like books and crannies, off-road places in cities you've seen.

My favorite! Michael (the man I lived with for 20 years) and I made a habit of hunting out the nooks and crannies anywhere we travelled.

You like to bring home one useful item from places you travel (versus a knick-knack).

Oftentimes I do fall for the kitchy little amulet, too.

Maybe you'll catch some of the debate tonight, and maybe you won't.  (Yawn)

Well, I was going to but I didn't. lol

You're sure that this bid to impeach (convict and remove) the Dumpster will fail, and in doing so, will play into his camp's hands.

(Love your new avatar )

Yes, it will fail. But the results won't disadvantage, as the common wisdom has it. I think the pro and con camps are pretty well set,  and no change .

You have reasonably optimistic hopes of something good coming out of this

(Thank you! That's me as a vampire--my Halloween season avatar!)

Nope--I'm not optimistic. I do believe that this impeachment attempt is a strategic mistake. While, as you said, I don't think the failure will change many minds, I do believe it adds fuel to Drumpf's inflammatory rhetoric, and we don't need that. I predicted the Lump would win the first time around because of the untapped power of what my mom would have called "the great uninformed." And he did. Now we need his constituents to settle down, to feel complacent in their belief that the Dumpster will win again. We don't need them keyed up and champing at the bit. The only positive thing which may potentially come from this, in my opinion, is the world seeing us officially protesting Trumphole's outrageous behavior. And that's a good thing.

You would LOVE to see the miracle of an impeachment actually leading to Trump's removal.

(Are we allowed to say "wet dream" on this site?)

;^ ) 

Around this time, you may have dreams of your vampire impersonation days

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service