TBD

TBD on Ning

I have a 2012 calendar that has quotes from Tea Party associates.

Some of them are very interesting. For example:

"Do you know where the phrase 'Seperation of Church and State comes from?" Tea Partier Glen Urquhart asked at a campaign event. "It was not in Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists...The exact phrase "seperation of church and state' came out of Adolph Hitler's mouth; that's where it comes from. So the next time your liberal friends talk about seperation of church and state ask them why they're Nazis." Yes, that's right my friends, Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the US, author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute of Religious Liberty, was a Nazi.

They do serve strong tea at those campaign events.

If you want to throw up some quotes by politicians; of any party, feel free. We can all use a good laugh on our way to the polls.

Tags: Democrats, Libertine, Nazis, Party, Republicans, Tea

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer green tea.

Hitler said that?

Then it must've been Jefferson that said, "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

I'm always getting those two confused.

Hitler was a vegetarian, he did not trust his sausage eating Generals.

The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it
Clarence Darrow
Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author Unknown
If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno
Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton
Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer
The Democrats seem to be basically nice people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who might stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time at the country club. ~Dave Barry
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke
I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952
A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~Texas Guinan
Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal
I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle
Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Politics: [Poly "many" + tics "blood-sucking parasites"] ~Larry Hardiman
Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson
There ought to be one day - just one - when there is open season on senators. ~Will Rogers

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" Benjamin Franklin

TNX Aggie....this 'splains a lot!

Do any of those people understand that the Nazis were an ultra right wing political party? Calling a liberal a Nazi just makes no sense.

I think you just answered your own question.

What do you call a Christine O'Donnell who lives at the beach?

A sand-witch.

The head of one of the local Tea Party groups in Nashville was arrested on Friday for solicitation of prostitution. Also a republican member of the Metro Council was arrested the same day for the same thing. Family values people aren't they.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service