TBD

TBD on Ning

So here we are looking around, taking a peek... hanging out.

On some thread a bit ago, some one said how annoying the FB was with all the trivial updating goings on.

Personally, I don't think my daily updating is all that interesting but some times I really feel the need to share.  My kitties don't give a whit and the bird...well, he lives in his own world.  His updates would mostly involve "lived another day"..."got some of that shredded stuff again (cheese)"  etc.

Mostly, I have you fine folks to droll on about my meager existence and occasional moments of wonderful.

So, here you go...Keep it brief...mundane with a bit of intrigue.

Tags: adventures IRL, just livin', let's bug Bob

Views: 16166

Replies to This Discussion

coolage.. have a good time sweeties

Argentine scientists tap cow burps for natural gas

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/argentine-scientists-tap-cow...

BUENOS AIRES — Argentine scientists have found a way to transform the gas created by the bovine digestive system into fuel, an innovation that could curb greenhouse gases that cause global warming.

Using a system of valves and pumps, the experimental technique developed by Argentina's National Institute of Agricultural Technology (INTA) channels the digestive gases from bovine stomach cavities through a tube and into a tank.

The gases - which otherwise are commonly known as burps, or "eruptos" in Spanish - are then processed to separate methane from other gases such as carbon dioxide.

Methane is the main component of natural gas, used to fuel everything from cars to power plants.

"Once you get it compressed, it's the same as having natural gas," said Guillermo Berra, head of INTA's animal physiology group.

"As an energy source it is not very practical at the moment, but if you look ahead to 2050, when fossil fuel reserves are going to be in trouble, it is an alternative," he told Reuters.

Each head of cattle emits between 250 and 300 liters of pure methane a day, enough energy to keep a refrigerator running for 24 hours.

Argentina is one of the world's top beef exporters, with around 51 million heads of cattle. Gases emitted from those animals account for 30 percent of the country's total greenhouse gas emissions, according to INTA, with methane having 23 times the global warming effect as carbon dioxide.

"This is also a way to mitigate that," Berra said.

BREAKING: Houston Texans football practice was delayed nearly two hours this morning after Matt Schaub reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. The team immediately suspended practice while police and federal agents were called to investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed today after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

That was funny Aggie

Strange, Johnny Depp kind of movie dreams. Needed to move around so I'm up and drinking some tea. Trying to get the housemate to leave. I really feel like my life will start again after he's gone. Not craving a significant other or afraid of being alone. I'm an old bat and I'm craving solitude. He's a stubborn sort of squatter that doesn't want to shell out any sort of real money to live here. Lucky if I clear $200 at the end of the month to put towards maintenance of the building. Not worth the aggravation and the drama. This is the cheapest deal around and this is the cheapest dude I have ever known. He even pulled a "I'm going far,far away. . .You'll never see me again." In my head I added. . ."I'll vanish into the mist." His buddy down the street has an apartment open that he's dying to rent to him for $500 per month/ problem solved. Not dramatic enough for my squatter. Wish me luck. Have a total block as an artist going on right now in spite of selling one of my rabbit prints for a whopping $125 / split it 50/50 with the gallery and that's for ten minutes worth of time and under $5 in materials.

Well, it was anti-climatic. I stuck to my guns and he has decided to move next door. I'm the bad one , he's the good one. This is sure to set the whole town load of tongues wagging. My former housemate's motto. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Glad to hear he's gone Merry, I know he has driven you round the bend for a while. Now your artist's block might clear up since you won't have to concentrate on that drama.

Thank you very much. I'm happy inside and the misery has left the building. LOL Sky's the limit.

Why aren't you my friend on fb?

=0)

I'm happy you are happy Merry!

Thanks, I'll have to cut my own grass now and shovel my own snow but I really need more exercise. I'm scared of burglars but maybe they should be scared of me. There's so many empty homes here , we're starting to attract some bad stuff. They had a meth lab the next town over. I'm getting a copy of HomeAlone and might try some of that. HUGE AHHHHHH. I'll be alright.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service