TBD

TBD on Ning

So here we are looking around, taking a peek... hanging out.

On some thread a bit ago, some one said how annoying the FB was with all the trivial updating goings on.

Personally, I don't think my daily updating is all that interesting but some times I really feel the need to share.  My kitties don't give a whit and the bird...well, he lives in his own world.  His updates would mostly involve "lived another day"..."got some of that shredded stuff again (cheese)"  etc.

Mostly, I have you fine folks to droll on about my meager existence and occasional moments of wonderful.

So, here you go...Keep it brief...mundane with a bit of intrigue.

Tags: adventures IRL, just livin', let's bug Bob

Views: 16159

Replies to This Discussion

Joella, thank you for sharing these thoughts & feelings with us.

It makes me smile & brings me joy to read about the stars

in your eyes coming to life. I am wishing you a week of

stars & moon & warmth & love. 

Thanks for the calming me down a bit....reading Stir's enjoyable day and killing ants and Joella's rearranging helped me to  look at my grumbly morning differently. I can always sleep tonight right? 

Spent some time cuddling with Kiefer's kitten last night...watching his antics made me giggle. 

All of the above calmed me down a little too Ruby. The moving van is coming tomorrow, and my head is spinning. I just had to stop and check on what is happening in TBD land. There are a thousand things bouncing around in my head, but I'm playing on TBD, so it's all good!
Where are you going?. I know I asked, but lost that post somewhere.....I hope all is well & you are looking forward to what awaits you..head spinning & all......As long as you don't forget yourself & your papers, youll be fine.....:)

I think he's moving all his stuff out so that he can rent it to someone who needs it.

I don't know what he's planning to do with the stuff.

OK, it was kind of a quiet day around here, so today's report might be a little briefer.  Or maybe not.   Uh, is `briefer` a word?

This was day four of the four day weekend.  it was still wet outside from the rain in the night when I got up, but it was warm.  I decided to have leftover pizza for breakfast....that was a mistake....I got heartburn immediately, and decided a donut and coffee down at the donut shop might set things right.  By the way, I did do dishes, as I had needed a clean plate to hold the pizza.

The big table was filling up fast when I got there, but I maanged to pull up a chair to a corner.  I settled in and started chatting with a few folks, including Old Jim, who's wife just had heart surgery.  They're both around 90, but quite spritely, all things considered.

My brother came in, so I gave up my coveted seat at the big table and moved with him to the small table in the back.  He and our mother had been back to the home town over the weekend, so we needed to get caught up on family news.  He's gonna build a deck at the mom's house, but will require a contractor to get started.  We talked about that a bit.  He asked to borrow my hand truck, and I told him to stop out to my place and get it.

I went on home, and had received a phone call from my boss.  Traditionally, I would have NOT appreciated that on a day off, but now that I'm mostly retired, I find I get into the spirit of helping out with my knowledge, even if I don't get paid for it.  I guess I'm a bit of a mentor to the boss.  She's thirty three, and still on the ascent in her career.  I know she appreciates my help....I remember back in the day, a few old dudes helped me out in the workplace too.  What went around, came around, to bend a phrase.  I probably worked about an hour at home, and don't resent it at all.

After my brother stopped by to get the hand truck, I noticed it was starting to cloud over again, so I took off on a bicycle ride around the subdivision.  A perimeter ride is about four and a half miles.  I took the backup bike, which like "The Road Wearier", is also an old 10 speed.  Its geared a little differently though, and is much easier on the old legs.

Shortly after I got back from the ride, it started raining softly, so I headed to a bed in the guest room for a little nap.  Both of my cats were sleeping soundly, but that didn't stop Monae Young from shooting in there to join me before I even got settled under the cover.  She likes to burrow under and curl up behind my knees, which doesn't work near as well for me as it does for her.  I guess I did sleep about an hour, until Jacques Young came in to investigate, and stood on my chest purring, and peering into my face.

I got up, made supper/dinner, which consisted of shrimp flavored Ramen Noodles and a sauteed piece of tilapia.  Since then I've kinda been reading, kinda been watching TV, and kinda been computing, as the spirit moves me.  A gentle rain has started again, and its cooled down a little.  It might be about time to head for the bed, with a book.

Tomorrow is a work day, so I'll probably not do a status report....the brain will need a rest after being used in a money making function. 

Crap....I can't beat all that....

Guess I'll go dissect a watermelon.

I'm hearing a distant, almost imperceptible sound of big band music, mostly horns.

It's either being played by one of my tenants upstairs, highly unlikely, or I'm having auditory hallucinations from taking a Tylenol P.M., more likely.

WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?!?  I was sooooooo tired early this evening, but I forced myself to stay up to give the coo puppy her meds @ the proper time & now I've gotten a second wind! arrrrrggghhh.

Oh. This isn't the Ranting & Raving thread, is it?

sorry.

Horns?  Like trombones?  Do they sound more like Glenn Miller trombones or Harold Hill trombones?  That Robert Preston was sure cute.
If you like that kind of look...

Sun is out briefly.

Storms scheduled for today.

Again.

Reply by caseyjo 17 hours ago
Where are you going?. I know I asked, but lost that post somewhere.....I hope all is well & you are looking forward to what awaits you..head spinning & all......As long as you don't forget yourself & your papers, youll be fine.....:)

Hi caseyjo, I've been back and forth between Ohio and Florida for the last couple years. Mostly Florida, but I would come back to Ohio at least 4 or 5 times a year, and usually only stay a week or two at a time.  I came to Ohio to see my Mom for Mother's Day, But our next next door neighbors (practically like our own kids) asked us if they could rent place for her parents. Soooo, here I am having movers put 27 years of my life in cardboard boxes so they can haul it all to Florida. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service