TBD

TBD on Ning

So here we are looking around, taking a peek... hanging out.

On some thread a bit ago, some one said how annoying the FB was with all the trivial updating goings on.

Personally, I don't think my daily updating is all that interesting but some times I really feel the need to share.  My kitties don't give a whit and the bird...well, he lives in his own world.  His updates would mostly involve "lived another day"..."got some of that shredded stuff again (cheese)"  etc.

Mostly, I have you fine folks to droll on about my meager existence and occasional moments of wonderful.

So, here you go...Keep it brief...mundane with a bit of intrigue.

Tags: adventures IRL, just livin', let's bug Bob

Views: 16169

Replies to This Discussion

Merry, whenever your beautiful thoughts & how you express them are ingredients in my day, my day becomes that much lovelier.

May I share some of my favorite artists w/you? Singers, songwriters, painters, poets and the like...

Hafiz ~ Amos Lee ~ Sam Toft ~ Rumi ~ Natalie Merchant ~ Andrew Wyeth, to name just a few. 

Thank you, Merry, for adding beauty & richness to my life by sharing your heart so exquisitely here. ❤

Thanks d's , extra nifty. Andrew Wyeth and his Dad and Son are some of my favorite painters. I'm going to have to check out Sam Toft and Hafiz and Amos Lee, Natalie Merchant is a singer , right? Rumi is a poet, I think.( Pablo Neruda is one of my  all time favorite poets.) I put Corrine Bailey Rae in my favorites and listened to it a lot. That was one that you picked out and shared with us. 

I've been dealing with a hurtin' knee the last few days, so I've been trying to rehab it by sittin' for long hours at the 'puter.  It seems to be workin' (the cure, that is).

Today I popped in at the greasy spoon for breakfast....corned beef hash right outta the can, two eggs over easy, white toast and coffee.  A couple of the weekend cronies were there.  I like jawin' with these guys....its a diverse group, but we don't go so deep into anything that someone would get their feelings hurt.

I filled up my car at the local gas station/convenience store.  Its old style...no option to pay at the pump.  That forces a person to go inside and interact with another human.  I think thats a good thing.  Interactin' in person is becoming a lost art.

Then it was on to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items.  I thought long and hard about gettin' a ring of pickled baloney, but decided against it.  I really should eat up some of the stuff I already have at home.  Instead, I've got my eye on a tin of sardines, maybe for lunch.  They've been in the cupboard long enough now...its time to set 'em free.

And lastly, I stopped at the donut shop.  That place has been packed all summer, especially on the weekends.  Today there was a nice assortment of the usual group of liberals out front.  Things were pretty doggone mellow...I enjoyed it.

Now I'm back home, sittin' at the 'puter to further rehab the knee. 

What DD said. It's like a little slice of life laid open for us all to enjoy.

Love that picture!!

And I love to hear about Stir's busy life...something always exciting going on.

Ya can't see it in the pic, but she's got her hand on my leg, and I'm not pushing it away.

Well now, DD, its not all THAT great!   I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....I'm like a third rate, Red Green wannabe playing the Holiday Inn Lounge circuit!  Thank you all for your kind remarks....I guess writing is like sex....the more you do it, the better you get at it.

Note to self....."find a woman"!

Heh, heh, heh.

;-] 

HaHaHa!
You need a partner in order to write?

Stir...you paint good with words.

DD's quite right..:-)

Welcome to the "patch and repair" club.

P.S. Stay away from the pickled bologna/canned hash  stuff or they might be trying to patch some things beyond repair...

Jaylee are you saying I shouldn't use a pickled bologna/canned hash mixture to patch my walls? Hmmmm... That may account for the smell. Do you think the smell will fade in time for the meetup in Feb? It may not make much of a difference because I eat a lot of fiber.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service