TBD

TBD on Ning

there was a lady who had a small daughter who was sad cause the family dog died .. so when she asked her mom where their dog went the mom told her this tale about the rainbow bridge .. she said when dogs get old they go over the rainbow bridge where they wait for you to be rejoined with them .. and while they're there they are young and healthy again just playing and happy till your arrival .. and whenever a person comes over the rainbow bridge all the dogs heads lookup to see who it is so they can greet their master when they arrive .. yeah i know it sounds corny .. but its a comforting thought .. so anyone have any pics of former pets they'd like to remember ?? i'll go first .. this is my ralphie dog at about 8 weeks old .. you never think that at some point they'll get old enough to die from old age when they look that young and healthy ..   

Views: 256

Replies to This Discussion

and i know they can be naughty ...so i recommend using passwords for access

I do.  My dog Louis died three years ago at the end of January.  I still miss him every single day of my life.  He was built in joy.

Notice how happy he looks!  He was looking at my son, whom he loved as he loved all of us.  He was the most contented and joyful dog I ever owned.  :(  You can see his little sister behind him. Both were rescues.  I still have her since I got her as a pup when Louie was 10.  She kept him alive for four more years by playing with him and loving him,  as easy going and joyous as Louie was, Trixie is wound tight and she's high maintenance, but we still love her.  Funny how they have such different personalities.

i can feel your pain cresty .. they do find a way to steal your heart don't they ?? 

I lost my two cats, Isabella and teddy last year year.  They were sisters, long hair domestics, that looked very much alike but had very differnet personalities.  Isabella, the smaller of the two was much more aloof but would follow me around like a dog.  As long as I didn't try to pick her up and hug her, she was always next to me, touching my arm or laying against my leg.  I could pet her but if I tried to pick her up and cuddle her - she wanted no part of it.  Teddy on the other hand would let me pick her up and cuddle her forever, laying her head on my shoulder and eating up the attention.  If I was laying on the couch she would jump up on my chest and lay there purring away like a motor boat while I petted her.  They both slept wih me at night, one currled up on one side of my head and the other currled up on the other side.   Isabella started losing weight and when I took her to the vets, they thought it was her thyroid, it took awhile but we got her meds sorted out, but that didn't work for long and she dropped down to less than 4 lbs when I had to put her to sleep.  A few months later, Teddy started down the same path and within 6 months was also gone.   They used to greet me at the door when I came home from work, and I still miss them very much.  

Indeed, you do recognize the spot...it is still there wating for us to do it all again!  LOL  

I had German shepherds growing up..first Rex.He was the family pet plus my father took him to work every day at our family pharmacy in Brooklyn. Rex loved the snow and winter and used to shed all over the house which caused endless fights with my parents. After Rex died of cancer, we got Roxy..a female, a long haired shepherd who also stayed in our pharmacy when it was open, then home . I miss seeing Roxy go crazy for the prime  ribs or steak  and sinilar goodies my grandfather used to bring to us from catered affairs. I guess what I miss most is seeing Rex or Roxy happy..jumping in the snow, trying to reach a turkey on the kitchen counter,and barking at the golfers behind our house in which our backyard faced a golf course and just running and playing in our backyard and enjoying those bags of rawhide chewy things I'd cook in meat gravy to make them really tasty. 

well its official .. my fluffy dog has gone over the rainbow bridge .. happened early this mornin .. i'll tell you thru it all i was doin my best to make sure she at least ate somethin .. first it was hot dogs .. she would eat them .. then it was hamburbers , hold the pickles and hold the lettuce ..just the burger please .. and then it was pork chops and then her last was her favorite .. chicken .. but for the last week i couldn't get her to really eat much more than a few bites .. and then finally maybe one if i was lucky .. but i kept tryin .. and then i had my epiphany .. stop feedin her if she don't wanna eat .. its time to let her go .. i mean why am i doin it ?? for what purpose ?/ is it just my own selfishness thats keepin her hangin on by a thread because i don't want her to go ?? and a little voice shot back yes .. let her go .. its time .. so i finally agreed it was time .. and a couple of hours later she was gone .. so there i was at 7 am diggin a hole . i wrapped her in a nice clean sheet and laid her to rest .. and i finally let her go .. she's over the rainbow bridge now .. right where she belongs ..

i thought this fit .. its about how i feel right about now .. 

So sorry, I know how much it hurts but it is the last gift we can give them.

It's a perfect goodbye for your friend, Fluffy.  My heart aches for your loss. 

awwwww damn....i am so sorry for your loss ....she was a gorgeous girl....got that blue chow tongue.....my sympathies ....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service