TBD

TBD on Ning

What does this mean to you?

Do you think this willhave any effect on the conduct of our war effort in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Tags: 9/11, wars

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope.

Don't worry as there will be other nuts to take his place.

War is like aging, it will continue.

Donald Trump will be taking credit for it by dawn tomorrow.

We're not leaving Afghanistan or Iraq anytime soon. There will be suicide attacks, a lot of blustering and promises to re-double it's efforts from Al Queda, but I think the heart may have gone out of them. Cults need their leaders, and when the leader goes away, the cult usually isn't too far behind. Scientology being an exception.

I agree. It wil be interesting to see what develops over the next few days.

Osama Bin Laden is dead?? 

...going to CNN, be back later....

what did he die from?

He was killed in a U.S. mission to kill him. Here's the CNN link: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/bin.laden.dead/index.ht...

Robbie, to answer your second question, I don't know what effect it will have, if any, on our involvement in Afghanistan & Iraq. Like Snagg wrote, I think his death may weaken Al Qaeda, but who knows? Maybe it has enough legs to stand on its own w/out Bin Laden at this stage. I don't know that anyone can accurately predict what this will mean to us, as Americans, and the people of the Middle East & the world. Like you wrote, it will be interesting to see what develops.

I love it when evil is taken down. It's a huge blow to the terrorist community. As Dot said "for every action there is a reaction. Those idiots will first do their ceremonial thing, send their martyr's spirit to have his way with all those virgins. Then they'll plot their revenge against their aggressors, so they can die a martyr and have their way with all those virgins. To be continued........

His successor is already in place, the "war against terror" will continue as long as there's money to be made in it.

We got our revenge which is always sweet for awhile till the golden glow wears off and we realize that revenge didn't change the reason for seeking it.

I would have just as soon woke up this morning to $2.00 a gallon gas. Now the speculators will probably use this as an excuse to drive it even more and quicker.

I'm cynical, you say???? Why not??? Bin Laden's body draped over a horse and paraded down main street won't change that?

Will it change your life?  If so, then I'm happy for you.

Carry on....

Thanks Bob, I wish you could be as happy as I am about this.

You said: "We got our revenge which is always sweet for awhile till the golden glow wears off and we realize that revenge didn't change the reason for seeking it."

Revenge? For shallow people like me, I guess you could say it was revenge. For the thousands of innocent men, women and children who died at Bin Laden's direction, one can certainly call it justice. You're right, like everybody else said here, the terrorism will continue, which it would whether justice was carried out or not. It doesn't matter what we do or don't do, religious wars have always been and always will be. Let's not let the aggressors go unpunished.

What we need to realize more than anything else is that we should never be the aggressors. Seeking to find and deal with aggressors against us is one thing going looking for someone who "might" become an aggressor is a whole other thing.
I am waiting for the backlash.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service