TBD

TBD on Ning

I am starting a new thread here mainly for purposes of my own catharsis. It is my intention, at least at this point, to make regular contributions. Of course, if anyone else has anything to add, they are more than welcome. If you have any input, please contribute.

Over a year ago I decided to deal head-on with my self-diagnosed adult attention disorder, (ADD). The inability to stay focused was becoming too stressful. I found myself sitting around watching the clock tick, yet I couldn’t keep “on task” with any project I started. Nothing was getting done and just starting something was becoming depressing.

The smart thing to do was probably to get professional help, so instead I decided to try to heal myself, at least as a first try. Cognitive therapy and pharmaceuticals (UGH) might be the approved way to go but I decided to try meditation first.

18 months and countless self-help books later, I still can’t bring myself to a regular, formal meditation program. But, along the way, I discovered informal mindfulness. Yes, I know it is the “Fad” right now. It is hard to navigate modern social trends without “tripping over” somebody extolling the benefits of mindfulness.

Let me add my voice to the chorus.

Views: 6019

Replies to This Discussion

I am almost there.

"My dog is usually pleased with what I do, because she is not infected with the concept of what I 'should' be doing."
-- Lonzo Idolswine

Love it!

"...it's way past time to approach the whole complex, often crazed subjet of faith-belief-meaning-mystery-existence not as something to be "solved", but as an ongoing open-ended adventure of the mind." ~ Lesley Hazleton

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know when it will be too late. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Common sense comes from experience, and kids need to fail as well as succeed in order to learn it. It's difficult to develop common sense when you spend a lot of time in your room where nothing much happens."
-- Marilyn vos Savant

"Kindness: Loaning someone your strength instead of reminding them of their weakness." ~Andy Stanley

“Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before. You’ve never seen this version of you. So give yourself a little grace and breathe through it.” ~Kristin Lohr

"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." -- SOREN KIERKEGAARD

"Recognize that life is what you get when you're born. Living is what you do with it." ~ James Allen

"But to then conclude that something is impossible because I can't see it says far more about my limited vision than about what may happen in the future."  ~  Lesley Hazleton

"Peace comes when you realize how you react to life's situations is more important than the situation itself."  ~  Stefan Pinto

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service