TBD

TBD on Ning

In about 24 hours from the time of this original posting, Jay leno will be back on TV to entertain the masses. Only this time around he got a challenge he have never face--indeed--no late night type shows host ever had to face...and that is competition with prime time. His show will air at 10 pm--and already on his first night one of the programs he will be competing against will be long time standing Monday Night Football.

The question is...will he be as successful with a 10 pm est spot, (and whatever time slot in your area), as he was with the Tonight Show. If u use to watch Jay Leno wil u watch him again? Every night? Or will u be standard with the shows you already watch during that time slot?

Tags: Jay, Leno

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never watched him on late night so I know I won't watch him during prime time. I don't care for him at all. When he used to sub for Johnny Carson, whom I did watch, I would turn to another channel. I guess I just don't like his style.
So one Nay so far!
This is a 59 year old man who could have been a member of AARP for years and caters to the young people while making fun of the old people, For 16 years his only joke was Bill and Hillary Clinton. Johnny Carson could get away kidding about politicans but Leno couldn't and I hope he stays away from politic's, Leave it to Bill Maher who know something a politic's. Hope he's smart enough to just stick to Jay-Walking and funny Editorials, and keeps it simple, just funny, nothing serious, entertain the people not aggravate the people, people are fed up with politic's and the economy. Be funny and he'll make it, because their isn't entertaining on at that time of night. and I'm surprised Conan stayed on this long, to silly.
He was interviewed by Bob Costas during tonight's half time show--and indicated that most of the 'guest' will be young comedianes and other type of entertainers that have never been on national tv before.
I think Jay will be just fine, he is not at a loss for cash and has had a fine run. No, I will not be catching his show, nor Conan's,or Dave's. Frankly, I think the medium they participate in is washed up. It is a passing of a sort. I remember Conan with Andy Richter and the Masturbating bear. I remember when all of these guys (starting with Carson) had everyday people on their shows. Everyday people and celebrities are much easier to access thru Youtube or any number of links on the web. Video killed the radio star, the internet has slaughtered the late nite TV comic.IMO.
oo-oo . . . Mental Cases . . . I mean, Brain Breakers . . . I mean The Mentalist . . .

I'm addicted to that show too. I keep hoping they'll just come out and tell the truth, just once . . .

neural linguistics hides crime for the mob . . .
Is he going to be able to pull it off???

I don't know. I've got it half typed, and it's kinda long already. Oh what? Leno? Who's that?
I was never a big fan. I hear he's a nice guy in real life, but he used to rely on jokes, (when I did see him, which was rarely) that made fun of fat or ugly people. Maybe he got out of that. But he never had any kind of edge. Dave has an edge, though he's past my bedtime, and I may conk out.on him, lol. And that weird maniac Craig Fergusson has an edge, but he's up with the nightowls, so he has to have something.

I'm with the gal - Willie - who'll be tuning into Simon Baker. Cute!
Wow!! A whole bunch of nay sayers and only two pulling for the guy! Uh oh!
What really going to be interesting is how parents who have little ones that they put to bed at 9 pm--or try to put to bed by 9 pm, and shows like Law & Order SVU will now be on at 9 pm!!

I wonder how many TiVo-s machine been bought recently?
Jay will be a big success. He has talent and has a big following. you know NBC did lots of research before they picked the time spot. He's got it going on, and he is tried and true.
I'll dvr it and watch it by myself while Kittycat's on tbd. I preferred Letterman with what little late night tv I watched. I'm interested in seeing what the show will be all about. Maybe he put that West fellow up to causing a stir at that awards show last night. Would that surprise any of you. His first show, he wants to get people to watch. There's nothing in the entertainment industry that would surprise me any more. Politics either, for that matter.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service