TBD

TBD on Ning

I hear them whisper ''here she goes, she's off with the faeries again"

Hullo there all you would be-if you could be faeries, pixies, gnomes, goblins and elves,
that like to stay and play a while in our wonderful fantasy realm, where, just like children,
we don't need any excuses to join in and simply enjoy re-visiting our childhood days.

I understand that it does us a great deal of good to take a break from our on-going
busy lives and set aside a little time to `get in touch with our inner child',
for this is where we are able to access our Alpha mind state again,
just as we used to daily, up 'til we started growing out of it around the age of ten.

My friend Tina Volk has kindly agreed to assist me with content here,
in a very similar way we did in a Discussion called `Our Get-A-Way Gazebo'
that can be found in Mary Snowden's Group called `Spirituality and Consciousness'
here on TBD.

I heartily encourage folk who would like to join in and post their pictures, comments
and/or replies when they are happy to, and above all to have fun and simply ENJOY!

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
~William Butler Yeats, "The Stolen Child"

This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof. ~Neil Gaiman

Tags: Angels, Birds, Butterflies, Elves, Fairies, Flowers, Forests, Gardens, Gnomes, Healing, More…Lightworkers, Nature, Spirit

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During the light of day...

As a young girl walking through the woods collecting dried timber for the open fires to do the cooking on,
my Aunt Dot would often mention that the mushrooms and toadstools was where the fairies lived.....

A happy celebration...

Pixie Dust...

Faeries: also Fairy or Faery, the common term for a legendary race of clever super- natural beings who meddle in human affairs.

Commonly associated with the Celts, Fairies are not the product of one culture or time; they have a pedigree.

Ancient Greek Heroes had fairy lemans, called nymphs, and the faraway Asians, Eskimos and American Indians had similar fairy legends as well.

The mythic Gandharvas of Sanskrit poetry were also fairies.

The nearest analogy to the shape of fairy belief in Scotland and Ireland - the Pixies of southern England is that of the popular oral traditions of the early Arabs.

"Sleeping Beauty" 2005

Since ancient times, the Irish have referred to fairies as the Shee, ( or Sidhee in Gaelic. )

Other names for fairy and fairy like creatures include the fay, sprite, elf, brownie, pixie, pixy, Robin Goodfellow, dwarf, gnome, troll, kobold, peri, hobgoblin, leprechaun, and also included are the nymph, dryad, oceanid, hamadryad, naiad, neried, oread, undine, faun, satyr & mermaid.

The best books on Celtic Fairy lore are still "The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns, and Fairies" by the Rev. Mr. Kirk and Keightley's "Fairy Mythology".

The belief in a species of Lady Fairies, deathly to their human lovers was as common in Samoa as on the banks of Loch Awe. Many fairy tales popular today like "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow white" had their origins in the folk tales of prehistoric times.

During the Romantic era interest was aroused in fairy tales, folk stories and legends all over Europe. "Fairy Paintings": In "Fairy Land" (above) this love of folklore lives on today.

Notice how the fairies turn into butterflies and birds when they go out into the direct sunlight...

The Fairy women who come to the births of children and foretell their fortunes with their spindles legends were found in ancient Egypt.

A female spirit who wailed to foretell death was called a Banshee. The Greek Sirens of Homer are a form of these Fairies, as the Nereids, Oreads, and Naiads are fairies of wells, mountains, and the sea. Renaissance alchemists explained that fairy creatures are formed from the subtlest ingredients from the four elements that constitute the universe. For that reason, fairies are also known as "elementals".

A fairy circle unleashed great magical powers. This Celtic, Shakespearean, and Victorian Fairy Paintings art gallery welcomes you to this celebration of all things Faerie created in a variety of mixed media. The evolution of the fairy tale and fairy painting continue to this day. "The Fairy Circle" MMIV features Carmen Fron as it's model and is rendered in Prismacolor Colored Pencils -

Oh Dear Ozzie, I am so delighted that you are here with your traveling angels and faeries. They are a wonderful way to travel places that we do not always think to go. They are good for the spirit and heart and an uplifting thing to spend time with each day, for me that is! Here are a few that I like to keep around me....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service