TBD

TBD on Ning

How do you get back into the groove after disappointments or let downs?

It's been a rough winter and am sure many people feel discombobulated like myself. So what do you do to get back into the groove?

Tags: getting into the groove

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

I just know that I have to keep going and so just keep going regardless. The alternative is to keep slipping backwards.
I usually look for creative outlets particularly web designing or creating a new group like this. When I am creating something, I feel the excitement of creating and a sense of productivity that usually snaps me out of the doldrums. It is sad though that some of my best creations are born out of my sadness or anger- ex my best poetry and web pages.

I am groovless right now...It isn't a bad feeling, it is rather safe & appealing in a odd way..I wonder if I am supposed to go with the grooveless feeling until I get my grove back, or if i am supposed to make something happen....I actually will most likely go against popular belief because I believe everything should be examined and used....even being grooveless for a while....Why it is supposedly so bad to do nothing when you feel like doing nothing? 

My adopted uncle says you have to keep going, pushing, striving, his face was so sure of itself....I asked him why & he said because it's what keeps you alive.....I said....Stopping to smell the roses will keep you alive as well....I think I can find a healthy balance in the middle someplace. I know I have not lost my spunky......Someone will bring it out...Maybe Steve can do it..LOL

Maybe Steve can do it..LOL

Somehow, I think Steven went through turning point in the past few points. I think his threshold for verbal combat is a wee bit higher.

"Maybe Steve can do it..LOL" I didn't mean that in a bad way I hope ya'all know......We are all in this together....:)

I listen to music, happy music. Uplifting music.

I find the sun, when I can :-) and turn my face towards it to feel the warmth.

I close my eyes and think of spring...

I close my eyes and think of spring.

Big Sigh!

This morning I was cranky and cold and so I called in late for work.

Then I had a cup of something hot and read the funnies online.

Then I went into work.

Now I'm home and the sun is out and tomorrow is another day.

No matter what, "This too shall pass" :)

Well if there's a party I'll bring some snacks.  :-)

Here's to feeling better soon.

DD welcome....

I'm sorry about the accident. Hopefully your mind stays active while your body heals and gains more mobility. This month has been rough on me. I can't wait until June.

How did the accident happen?

Broken/worn down bodies and hearts...

This is the place to come to lay down our burdens and take care of ourselves and each other.

Most of the time it will not involve actual hands-on labor and that is usually all right.  At least with me.

I'm going to go clean my room and watch "Singing in the Rain".

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service