TBD

TBD on Ning

So, where are we going?   We know that Robbie lives on the road.  We've learned quite a bit about wiper worries, tire troubles and RV antics.   What about the few and  brave that choose to hit the pavement for just a brief adventure on the paved pathway?

Where would you go?   Where do you stay?  What do you want to see?  Who would you visit?

Tags: Are we there yet?, Never again, pedal to the metal

Views: 133

Replies to This Discussion

Now that I'm older, and have more time to travel, I'm less inclined to do it.  Weird, ain't it?  

I live in such a great area that I usually prefer to stick close to home.

I would like to make another swing out west.....I have two brothers who live in Colorado, and of course, a little further north from them is Yellowstone National Park.  The park is an almost spiritual place for me.

There are several people who I've met through TBD, TBD/Ning, and Facebook who I'd like to visit some day.  Unfortunately they're spread all over the country, and a few are even across the sea.  I've been fortunate to have met a few of these folks already, and I have to say, there hasn't been even one bad apple in the bunch (no, even though he was my "Bro", I never did meet ad1 in person).

Also, there a few friends from long, long ago that I'd like to see again....just to touch base...to see how it went between the time we were punk ass kids, and now. 

I'm looking forward to hearing how that Florida Meetup goes this coming weekend.  The timing didn't work out for me this year, but I hope more meets come about in the future, and I hope to attend.

Oh, I'd like to make it back to the Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, Michigan.  I've attended it sporadically, in the '70s, '80s, '90s, and '00s.  Its pretty much a peace, love and harmony type affair.....lots of faded tie dye to be seen there.

I could live on the road so long as I had a nice hotel every night. As you probably know Caleb and I already travel a lwe would travel more if it wasn't for his dog. We can't leave him at home alone, can't afford to board him for too long and I totally refuse to travel with a dog. So we mostly take short 2 or 3 day trips and longer ones about 4 or 5 time a year.

Happy want's to know what you have against traveling dogs. (:>)

Tell Happy that I would not object if we were traveling in a motor home but traveling by car and finding a hotel that allows pets is sometimes hard.

Yeh, I've gotten conservative in my old age. I book in advance at La Quinta. Takes some of the adveture out of it, but they always take dogs with no extra fee. And I joined their "Rewards" club and have enough points that I get a free night this weekend.

I've been on many road trips in my life.   One involved a bus trip from MI to FL w/bff.  Scary but fun.   Another involved a fastback VW, my sister & bff and a not so happy cat in  a carrier.  We drove straight through and took a sleep in a pull off some where in the Allegheny Mountains.  It was soooo worth it !

If time allows I would love to hit the road.  There is so much to see in my own state and so many places yet to see in the US.  The life of a gypsy appeals to me.

Headin to Luchenbach this weekend.

Those of us that can will have to Skype Largo.   Especially after a few drinks...on their part!

If Larry and Teebub get fired up the people on the other end may need a drink.

I think it would be great fun!  Just don't let them wander around with the webcam!   Me & Cowboy will be available to set up a time!   Seriously...:0-)

So what time is the Skyping..would love to at least wave!!

I loved the beginning blog...even had the town I live in...hmmm, wonder why she didn't mention me? LOL

I took a road trip alone this summer heading to the meet up in Pittsburgh..had a fabulous time. Plan on hitting the meet in August but think I will fly this time.

Lots of places I want to see, the Grand Canyon is on the list as well as a few places on the east coast. 

This thread reminded me of a travel story from the past. It is probably too long for this thread so I'll put it in a blog.

I'll title it "From Days Gone Bye"

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service