TBD

TBD on Ning

Today was one of the hardest days of my life. It was harder than burying my father. we put baby Sal to rest today. His tiny body in that tiny coffen was almost unbearable. The following is the short eulogy I gave before the Priest father Robert to over and finished the ceremony. For once I was glad someone else stepped up to the plate.

In Memoriam of Salvador Michael cook Jr.
"I Have Overcome the World" John 16:33

If you have your Bibles, I would invite you to turn with me to John, chapter 16, and I want to direct your attention to one particular verse: John, chapter 16, verse 33. Before we read this verse, I want to remind you that Jesus is saying this word, He is giving this astonishing word of encouragement in the hours before His deepest woe and His isolation from the Father and His entrance into the unknown region. And, we’re told by John in chapter 12, that the Lord Jesus’ heart had been troubled. But our Lord Jesus had been with the Father in prayer, and beginning in John 14, He begins to administer comfort to His people. And so this is a word of comfort from the Lord Jesus on the last night of His life before He was crucified. : John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I can tell You that today we lay to rest a child who accomplished his mission in life. That mission was to teach each and everyone of us unconditional love. A Godly love. We also need to acknowledge how precious it is that the Lord found a set of parents and grand parents to care for one of his special babies. Baby Sal had a sweet nature that would melt any heart with his smile and giggle. He taught all of us about trust and love. Sal Jr. arrived in love and left us, full of love and blessings. Yes he was only with us for Six months but he was a good baby and a better teacher in patience and trust. He trusted each and every one of us to do the right things for His fragile body and we learned of loves abiding truth that we need each other and Jesus Christ for our eternal salvation. We shall see him again in heaven waiting on us.

There is nothing like the loss of a child. There’s nothing like it. How do you get over that? You don’t. You never do. It’s devastating. But Christ is here saying to us, ‘I do not minimize your loss, I maximize the peace that you may have in Me. I say to you, you have hope in Me, we will have reunion.’ We will have reunion in Heaven. That is hope expressed in Christ Love for Us. Sal and Natalie we love you and we are standing beside you in this grief. Only Jesus Christ love and time can make the pain diminish.
Your family and I love you both.
With Our hope and Prayers
Uncle William, Aunt Toni and all who are present here.

Good nite Bill

Tags: Baby, Burial, emotional, hard

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill,
I do know how you feel. Even closer my freind. I buried a child when she was 5 months old from circumstances a lot like your great-nephew. I do not talk about this much. The pain will ease, but never go away.Her name was Bonnie, and she lives in my heart.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service