TBD

TBD on Ning

Recently read a really different book MY LOVELY WIFE.  If you enjoy stories about serial murders you’ll be startled at this story. Can’t remember the author but please Goggle it. 

Today picked up a right off the press book  THE WIVES  by Tarryn Fisher. The cover reads “How far would you go to find the truth about your husband. You’ll have whiplash until the very end.  THE WIVES will leave the most sure-footed reader uneasy until the last word is read.”

Views: 1138

Replies to This Discussion

My latest read was Stephen King’s new release “BILLY SUMMERS”.   It’s a long book but I highly recommend it.  I’ll never forget Billy!  What are you reading now?

My DH got the Stephen King audiobook and tried one disc and drop into book bag for return. I ask him if the story is gruesome, bloody, etc. like King often writes? He said “No, pretty much a serial killer story.” 

I just finished the Promise Falls series by Linwood Barkley. Like that Author.

Billy is a professional sniper but he’ll only shoot bad guys! I wouldn’t call him a serial killer as he’s hired for specific jobs and they’re all for very bad men!  

So nice to be back on Bookoholics.  I recently finished The Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans... Highly recommended.

I have Lightning Strike waiting for me at the library... #18 in the Cork O'Conner series by my favorite author, William Kent Krueger.

WOOT WOOT! Love William Kent Krueger!!!  Placed a hold 5 minutes ago! Thank you Carci!

Will share more tomorrow.

I, too, got on request list.  Thanks for the alert, Carci! I’m #18 on the wait list!

Whew!  AM glad I checked my Library account as just found out that both Louise Penny and Sandra Brown’s new best sellers have been shipped for me! Will have them for three weeks. Think I’ll start the Louise Penny book first!  Happy reading to me!  :)

FYI, I tried to read one of the current best sellers, THE PAPER PALACE.  Couldn’t get into to it so returned it to library as knew there was a waiting list. Handed it to librarian and told her that I didn’t recommend the book! Apparently the woman behind me heard and asked me the name of the book.  When I told her she laughed and held up a copy of the same book!  Said that she also was returning it unread as couldn’t get into it!  What a coincidence!  Made me feel good!!!   Hope I run into her again!  :)

Currently read Elizabeth Strout’s recent release  Oh William.  Unfortunately I cared for non of the characters. Any of you read this?

Just spent 15 minutes of my life that I can’t get back TRYING to figure out posting timeline here?  Top of the page says Dec 2019? Got some texts from RAPA on my phone…just struggle to track down her recent postings and where to respond?

Been listening to every book from John Lescroart.  Very good mysteries.  Just finishing Mitch Albom’s The Stranger in the Lifeboat…WOW! Amazing story. 

Let me know if some logistics will change on Ning or some sort of method to separate older postings to current activities.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Would love to post a Turkey cartoon!

Try posting your cartoon under comments!! Bet it’ll work!

BTW, Carolyn, I have a grandson who does the voice on audio books, mainly fiction. He has a magnificent voice and had leading rolls in summer musicals in Garden Valley, ID. Sorry to say I’ve not yet listened to an audio book as I love turning pages!  Plus I have hearing aids! Yes, I’m old!  ;)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service