TBD

TBD on Ning

I'm pretty sure there was a time when what you said was what you meant. For example, if you said "I'll be there at 10oclock", you were actually there. If a politician said "This is a once time tax to pay for the new bridge.", they actually meant it was ONE TIME, not one time per year for the rest of your life. When a business offered a service and named the price, that was it. It wasn't that price PLUS, start up fees, activation fees, service fees, usage fees, non-usage fees, automatic (and unrequested) upgrade fees, etc, etc, etc.  My question is this; What do you suppose happend to the concept of saying what you mean and meaning what you say?

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

YUM!
Uh.....well.....er....hehehe.....
Exclusive dedication to necessitious chores without interludes of hedonistic diversion renders John a hebetudinous fellow.
You took the words right out of my mouth, funes.
Oh, good, this wasn't going to be complete without Funes.

A little tarte Tatin to keep y'all going...

Just coffee, please......just pour it over my head. I'll consume pastries later.
funny ;-D
"hebetudinous"
Good word!
I don't even know what to say to this...
Well, I do, but I don't think I have enough space here...
[walks away, stunned, shaking head]
I have to ask...."What in the world possessed you to do such a thing?" And don't tell me you were just young kids.....even at 7 or 8 you knew right from wrong or at least should have. Sorry, man, but Uncle Weldon did you no favor by letting you get away with that. Had I been Uncle Weldon you would still be recuperating to this day. You and your brother showed no honesty in not owning up to your deeds. You lied.
I do agree that simple, sincere honesty is slipping away, for many reasons....money being the biggest contributing factor. There are still honest people in the world.....there's just more space between them.
Well said, Bob.

It is no longer common to live a whole lifetime in the same town where we were born, where our family is, and where everyone knows us. When you don't know someone, you deal with them differently, require more assurances. Some people take advantage of this. We need to be aware, prudent... but often a person will be only as good as you expect them to be. Just like children, if they know you expect the worst, very often you'll get it in spades.
Excellent message Chez, adults ARE like children in that respect. We tend to live up to what is expected by those around us. And it this techno-society, the people around us are often not really people, but actors on a screen. The average kid (and probably many adults too) watch 5 hours of television every day. They are bombarded by the message that it's ok to do the wrong thing as long as you profit by it and get away before you are caught doing it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service