TBD

TBD on Ning

The weathermen say the temperature is going to reach extremely high levels today,
And everyone should check on the elderly and senile.

Are you OK???

Well, someone sent it to me!!!!!

Tags: awareness, fires, floods, weather

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

Currently @ 11:23
87.0 °F with an expected high of 94
Haze
Humidity: 62%
Wind: 5.0 mph from the SE
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Dew Point: 72 °F
Precipitation: 14% Chance of Rain
Air Quality: Moderate
Pressure: 29.89 in
UV: 7.9

Okay....now tell me when I'm going to win the lottery....

" . . . and the extended forecast,
until you come back to me, baby,
is high tonight, low tomorrow,
and precipitation is expected."

Tom Waits, Emotional Weather Report

Heat index-105º.  Not awful, winds 20-25mph.
I joined an old high school classmate for breakfast in the next little town down the road, stopped by the donut shop briefly, stopped and visited with my mom, stopped briefly at the small farm market, and then went home and stayed inside all day, with the windows mostly closed, the blinds down and four fans going.  It was tolerable....not too bad until about 4PM.  Now I have all the blinds back up, and all the windows open until morning, when I'll repeat the cycle. 
Started my day by climbing under the addition to insulate it cause I'm the only one who fits under there. Well I got under there with a hoodie on so I wouldn't itch like mad from the fiberglass and took a good look around and decided on foam, lots of that canned styrofoam to spray on all the cracks first before adding the foil bubble wrap to the pink fiberglass insulation stuffed between the floor joists. I bought the insulation in large 4ftx50ft sheets so that has to be tailored to the odd supports and piping underneath. The hollow cinderblocks are going to get insulated too. I'm tired of the pipes freezing when it's -30 in the winter. Coldest room in the house in the winter. Picked my garden clean of all the new veggies, second time so far but got a late start on the garden this year. Ended my day here on TBD after talking to someone who's going to install my new pellet stove. I wanted to get it done before the rush in Sept. 

It is 92 degrees at 10:35 pm.......I am absolutely sick of this, we are on our 7th straight day of 100+, and no end in sight. 

We just finished day # 19 with no end in sight.
It hasn't been that hot here, Red, but pretty close. We were told "maybe" that it will rain on Monday.  The pluse side is that my grass hasn't grown at all this week.  I can skip the usual Saturday mowing.
See post above...But hotter
Where did you get that cartoon of me Quinn?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service