TBD

TBD on Ning

Sorry I've been away for... well, many years, but I'm getting sick of all the nonsense over on facebook, with all the politics and whatnot, so I thought I'd come back over here and see how folks are doing (because if there's one thing I remember from the old TBD, we never, ever discussed politics).

How's everyone doing?  I'm a bit worse for the wear: two shoulder surgeries, and a couple of stents keeping the blood flowing around my heart, but overall not bad.

I hope you're all doing well.  Let me know what you've been up to, if you like.

If you don't remember me from TBD, or you came here from somewhere else and weren't even on TBD in the first place, then I'll just say "Howdy, stranger" and hope you'll introduce yourself.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since the original launch in 2007 and losing 4.8 million dollars for the original stockholders and closing on July 13, 2009, thanks to Robin Wolaner setting up this network for some of us to land we have managed to survive. Robin handed PrunellaFarquar the keys to TBD who keep the site alive for many years. At that time Pru posted the following: "Robin has handed me the keys to TBD so that I may press them in my scrapbook. A long time ago I was PrunellaFarquar and I enjoyed actively posting on these pages. TBD saved my life so in return, I have saved it. Real life presses at me from all sides right now, so I will simply give the site the care it needs to continue. It has existed for a handful as a nice comfortable place to meet and exchange thoughts. It will continue to be available in that capacity. I am not keeping this site open as competition for the new one that some very creative and industrious members are currently enjoying, I simply want members to be able to come and go as they please. This site has been a sweet Haven for some and I don't want that to die. TBDning will stay as it is for now. There will be no grand re-opening, no remodeling, no redecorating, no free car wash, no green stamps...nothing that wasn't here for the past several months. No changes at all. Just open doors for those who want a place for retreat."

Pru also posted: "This site has a long and complicated history...it has weathered a tough storm and while it emerged heavily wounded, it now rests in calm waters where the activity is slow and gentle. It is moored in a quiet spot where it is held together by the bonds of true friendship. It is a place for those who have passed the age of forty and seek out the camaraderie and conversation of other adults."

"The members of TBD are respectful of each other and even though they love to play, they also understand that there is a certain decorum observed here. Members are rarely moderated, but are expected to follow the Guidelines of TBD on ning. You are welcome to come and go, to post and participate, to give your opinions of the topics at hand or to simply lurk. Your first amendment rights will be respected, but personal attacks; excessive, cruel, derogatory or off-topic bad language; or blatant attempts to troll may be censored by the administration. Nudity and posts of a 'softly sexual' nature are permitted if they are on-topic, artistic, non exploitive, or not explicit or graphic. Members are asked to use their discretion or the owner will use discretion for them."

"TBD on ning still has much to offer and is still visited daily by members who are devoted to the small environment. Growth is invited but not anticipated. We are simply here...satisfied and adjusted to a laid-back way of social networking."

Over the years many have left to other sites like Think.Be.Do in 2012.  Think.Be.Do has since shut down.  In 2012 many Eons from Eons.com came here after Eons shut down.  Over the years most of the members of TBD have joined fb also and setup many groups there like:  Q&A Etc., Moosie's Crossing, TBD Refugees, Survivors of TBD, O'Bigbelly Family Therapy and W..., TBD Friends Now on FB, I am thankful for, TBD Friends Discuss, Ladyg's Gathering Place, The Daily Grind Too, Spuff N Stuff: Our Morning Mayhem G..., Just fun q@a, Committee for the Forcing of Mic..., Journey, Men of Moosie's, The Modern Inquisition, FUN WITH FRIENDS (FWF), Music for the peeps, My Facebook Friends Rock, silly peeps and TBD's covid19 support that I know of.

Recently a group of members from TagWorld have joined.  A social site called Boomerville is closing later this month and many of their members are joining here in the group "Boomerville Friends.

Pru handed me the keys on June 22, 2018. I will keep the light on. I will keep site free without ads. Now that I am retired I can afford to. Currently we have 2,817 members of which handful are active. My biggest fear right now is Ning 3.0.

I do not plan on upgrading TeeBeeDee from Ning 2.0 to 3.0. I plan to keep things Classic 2.0.

I remember one guy that even wrote a book about TBD.

Thank You Aggie

I have been gone for a few years myself.

I would post here and next day it would be gone and i don't cuss.

1911 I died eight times.

Bill was $180,000.00 (I paid the bill)

Ok Now.. Finished my yard work today.

Hi Ozzie and Blonde

One of my kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1EG_4IBzbA

That guy owes me some money!

Probably not very much, though.

I hear one copy was signed by a Queen.

How people dress is their own business.  

RSS

Badge