TBD

TBD on Ning

Breaking News!!!!! Boner Blames Obama For Debt Talk Collapse!

What a surprise!!! Who'd a Thought??

Tags: End, World, of, screwed

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A favorite saying but in the wrong thread. But it applies here. "Beware of one who always think he is right".

To Beohner and his cronies ... 

Dow 8/2/11
11,866.62 -265.87 -2.19%

Good job Dems and Commies

I watched for the first time yesterday, the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. Throughout the whole movie, I was thinking of our current economic, social, and political climate.

Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.

Klaatu: I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason.

Aside

Last lines of Klaatu (alien) in the movie.

Klaatu: I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you.

Food for thought eh.

I see one way to get us out of our financial cesspool.....revamp our healthcare  and minimize defense spending (which btw Obama is trying to do.)

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_budget

I still don't know what "other spending" entails....whorehouse spending??????

If you are right about "Other", maybe "Protection" is for condoms?
I do not know much about the government spending, but I am losing $300 a week on the farm due to drought. Soon I will be laying off all my unemployeed weekend workers. Also half of my ladies on the farm may be sold soon and a young fox family may have to relocated. The deer may not have their 5 acres salad bowl this winter. The dove will go hungry due to drought caused pearl millet crop failure. The squirrels will go hungry due to no pecans on trees this year. No grapes this year for the neighbors make wine. Beavers have moved into the branch and started logging. Feral hogs have invaded and rooting up everything that will cause soil erosion when it finally rains.

Aggie, I am sorry to hear that.

What do you want to see happen that will benefit you and the rest of our society?

Rain
I hope you get that rain soon, Aggie.
I had 1/4 inch of sand in rain gauge the other week. Last week a spider moved in the rain gauge.
I lost a lot of my deferred retirement account value today in mutual funds.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service