TBD

TBD on Ning

welll of course!! he shoulda just said hoo-hoo or sumpin doncha know??

A High-School Sex-Ed Teacher Is Being Punished for Saying the Word 'Vagina'

Shutterstock
Alexander Abad-Santos 5,711 Views Mar 27, 2013

Tim McDaniel, an 18-year vetaran of the biology department at the public school in Dietrcich, Idaho, might have to figure out how to teach the miracle of life to his high-school students without saying the word "vagina" after a group of unhappy parents found the word offensive. Because now he's kind of in big trouble for, you know, doing his job in the teen pregnancy capital of Idaho. According to what McDaniel told Twin-Falls's Times-News, four parents at the school complained that he taught their children "the biology of an orgasm" and said the word "vagina" during his sex-education lesson to a room of sophomores. Yes, sophomores, some of whom have had vaginas for 14 to 15 years. It's unclear whether the word "penis" was met with equal offense. But, apparently, allegations from parents also complain that McDaniel has shown the film an Inconvenient Truth in class, and according to a letter served to McDaniel by a quick to respond official from Idaho's Department of Education: 

[T]he allegations also include that he shared confidential student files with an individual other than their parents, showed a video clip in class depicting an infection of genital herpes, taught different forms of birth control and told inappropriate jokes in class.

Despite the letter from the upper levels of the state education system, the school superintendent tells the Times-News that upset parents won't get Mr. McDaniels fired: "It is highly unlikely it would end with his dismissal... Maybe a letter of reprimand from the school board." McDaniel is denying any wrongdoing, and the school's slap on the wrist might indicate that McDaniel's alleged transgressions might just be that — alleged. "I teach straight out of the textbook, I don’t include anything that the textbook doesn’t mention," McDaniel tells the Times-News. "But I give every student the option not attend this class when I teach on the reproductive system if they don’t feel comfortable with the material." 

Though McDaniel refused to name the parents who are upset with the V-word, his school is located in a region of Idaho dominated by the Mormon Church, who might have some qualms about teaching sex-ed to their youngsters. The Church's official handbook states:

Where schools have undertaken sex education, parents should seek to ensure that the instructions given to their children are consistent with sound moral and ethical values.

McDaniel also teaches in the south-central portion of Idaho, the region with the state's highest teen pregnancy rate in 2011.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/03/high-school-sex-ed-...

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

or maybe just 'girlie parts'....

Where is Lenny when you need him? Or George?

this lenny...that george?

You have no idea how crazy parents can be.  Once I wrote BS on the essay of an honors kid, junior year, who had no substantiation, only his opinion.  The mother called the school, said I should immediately be removed the classroom or he should be allowed to go to another class, I should NEVER be allowed around children again, etc. etc.

One of the few times I ever got into any trouble in my 38 years in the classroom was when we were discussing presidents one day when we had a few minutes at the end of class. Of course now that discussion would not be allowed. Teachers have to teach exactly to a predetermined curriculum. Anyway back to the Presidents discussion. One student asked me who I thought was the best president ever and I answered as I always did to that question, George Washington. I then proceeded to explain why. Then another student asked who I thought was the worst president ever. That of course was a harder question. I think I said James Buchanan or Millard Fillmore. Then a girl asked me what I thought about Ronald Reagan, this was after he left office, and I said "he was a good actor and played the roll of president well".
The next morning the girl who asked about Reagan brought me a letter from her father calling everything imaginable except a human being. He even called a liberal, which I considered a compliment. I read the letter and told the girl thank you. I then took the letter to the principal. He read it, threw it in the trash and told me not to worry I would not here from this gentleman again. I never did.

I tell you.....if we keep getting any stupider in this country......I'm turning in my membership in the "American" club......and move to Mars.  (You have to go that far in order to escape the far-reaching "Global" nonsense down here on earth)!

i guess that explains the illustration of female anatomy in the texas state-approved biology book....

and notice she has her oven mitts on in case she has to touch anything....

I suddenly have an urge to go cut some pussy willows and put them in a vase.

I never seen a pussy willow but i saw some stale ones ....

CLASSSSSIC!!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Yeah, those Mormons don't want you to say the actual correct word for the body part, however taking the young girls (younger then the students in the article)  as one of your several wives even if you're an old coot is ok with them.

I guess it does mean that they're so dumb they don't know this is the actual term, they probably think it's a naughty word.

Numb Nuts BS.

I believe in tolerance and co-existance , which is probably why my friend is still alive after listening to so many shows hosted by Howie Carr within ear shot. Zero tolerance for Rush , just can't swing that one. Too disturbing. Long story short and sort of off topic because it isn't about saying clitoris in school or labia or vulva or vagina even. It's about confronting someone who actually thinks that something that small determines other vaster things in the person who has one. He drove a tractor trailer for 28 years and I had a rather hellish marriage to a remodel a holic for ten years. Knowing this he still went behind my back in my own home and tried to open a foundation wall with a sledge hammer because he couldn't fit through the opening to the crawl space under the addition to insulate it better. OK , I told him way before that that I would be happy to do the work but he said no. He could handle it.( I know , I should post this in dramady too.) I flew out the door as soon as I heard the sledgehammer hitting the foundation to the addition and with some colorful words that made my green beret friend slightly blush hauled his bottom inside for a good talking to.

"It's the pussy." I said. "Isn't it?"

"That's why you think I don't know what I'm talking about."

My point is >>>he really wasn't prepared for me to be blunt about it. Saying these words is a taboo that needs to be broken.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service