TBD

TBD on Ning

Seven hundred million dollars for wild horses in the middle of the worst recession since the 1930s . People losing their homes and jobs. People dying because they can't afford health care etc.etc. And those idiots in Washington spend millions on horses that no one wants.

Tags: Politics

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allow me to clarify for the save the poor horses crowd.
We currently have around 33 thousand horses in the wild, another 30 thousand caught and penned up. Maybe some of you could adopt a few and feed them out of your own pocket instead of mine.
The reason for the surplus is because the wild horse program has been wildly successful .
I have had to sell my horses because I couldn't afford to keep them, now you want to take money out of my pocket to feed horses that nobody wants?
And another dadgum thing.
There is no such thing as a WIld horse in America.
These are feral horses.
The only truly wild horse herd in the world is in Asia.
The problem began years ago when PETA and others lobbied to close down all the horse processing plants.
I predicted then that this is what would happen....tens of thousands of sick, old, starving,and unwanted horses.
There is absolutely no reason not to use them for other purposes. In the past they went to feed our dogs,cats. People,and large carnivores in Zoos, they have to eat too.
Eat them.

My grandparents ate horsemeat during the depression.
All of us eat old bull meat that we buy at the supermarket.
Plus, it's generic. (don't use that word,, though or you will have to pay more).
Wow, started out with something about spending a gazillion dollars on wild horses and turned to the union and aliens doing American's work - typical tbd conversation - start another thread for these topics.

Did we get a chance to see this bill before it was sent to the house or senate or wherever it goes first?

Because that is the only time we can do something about it. And DD, even if people disagree, hopefully enough write to their govt reps and THEY do what is right, majority rule. That's the American way.
Back the truck up! Pardon me?
Old bull sounds a lot like me.
Just say NO to unions. I didn't start it but I read it in this thread and thought it deserved my opinion as I AM UNION
Specifically, this legislation:

• Requires that wild horses and burros be considered an “integral part of the natural system” on all public lands, not just the areas where they were found when the Act was passed in 1971;

• Conducts a horse census every two years;

• Provides “enhanced contraception” and birth control for horses;

• Establishes an additional 19 million acres of public and private land for wild horses;

• Covers $5 million tab to repair horse damage to land; and,

• Mandates that government bureaucrats perform home inspections before Americans can adopt horses.

http://lummis.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=44&sectiontree=6,8,...
It's a lot of horses.

It's a lot of land.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service